Liked: 11 Times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterosis

adaptation likes this.
Old 12-22-2012 at 06:02 AM   #92
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden1 View Post
yes i've heard this from my own family. I think for Polish parents it's not so much the race as it is the culture that's important. There is a distinction. My parents would be happiest if their son-in-law was not only caucasian but Polish specifically. I think preserving culture is really important for parents who's kids are first generation canadians because there is some safety for them to know that their grandkids wont lose their Polish identity. As to what my own opinion is.. I dont know. I think in Canada it is definitely easier for interracial couples to work out.
At first, my mom also believed that I should marry a Saudi/Sudanese guy in order to preserve our culture but I've been dating my Lebanese white boyfriend for three years and my mom is completely fine with it now. She's actually pretty much in love with him and his aspirations and has changed her view on interracial dating and some cultures. But she likes to embarrass me and point that out that our babies will be beautiful and white >.> I also don't seem to be getting much criticism from other individual for our obvious skin tone differences because my boyfriend looks more German than Lebanese and I look like an anomaly that people can't seem to figure out.

Canada's much more lenient and understanding when it comes to interracial dating, if I went to Saudi with my boyfriend, they would look down upon us even though he's also Muslim and speak Arabic. I've even had some instances like the video with an old lady telling me I should "stick to my own kind" and that it's disgraceful to be together, assuming he was white and not my religion. Sometimes you can't change people's opinions, they've grown with it and won't change.
Old 01-09-2013 at 11:30 AM   #93
deejapson

Liked: 0 Times

Luckily everyone is very accepting of my relationship!
Old 01-13-2013 at 10:18 PM   #94
Katsurin

Liked: 10 Times

Asian + white makes amazing beautiful babies.

Andrew A likes this.
Old 01-15-2013 at 11:58 AM   #95
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

anyone who believes that they or their children must marry into a specific demographic are completely ignorant. just because you marry outside of your race or your ethnic background doesnt mean that you cant still preserve parts of your heritage. Parents need to stop being so damn blind to the rest of the world around them. If a polish kid wants to marry a chinese kid, GO FOR IT. if a black girl wants to marry a white guy, GOOD ON YA.
Old 01-16-2013
niro1990
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-30-2013 at 06:37 AM   #96
BamPow

Liked: 1 Time

Mixed babies are extremely attractive though.
Old 06-04-2013 at 08:02 AM   #97
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamPow View Post
Mixed babies are extremely attractive though.
That is such a stereotypical and ignorant thing to say... what sample size are you basing that claim on? because i highly doubt its a large sample of the mixed race population
Old 06-04-2013 at 08:16 AM   #98
ofomkcidtae
Account Locked

Liked: 47 Times

A note on mixed race babies. It's amazing to be mixed race, this is mostly because lets say you have a black and white baby. If I called him the N word, theoretically, he should be only half offended. Same thing if I called him a cracker or honkie or a hillbilly or a Redneck or a White Ni**er. Being mixed race allows you some immunity against racial insults.
Old 06-04-2013 at 09:46 AM   #99
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofomkcidtae View Post
A note on mixed race babies. It's amazing to be mixed race, this is mostly because lets say you have a black and white baby. If I called him the N word, theoretically, he should be only half offended. Same thing if I called him a cracker or honkie or a hillbilly or a Redneck or a White Ni**er. Being mixed race allows you some immunity against racial insults.
Wouldnt it just open you up to a wider variety of racial insults based on your logic?
Not that i agree with this at all, just basing it on what was said in your post.
Old 06-04-2013 at 12:15 PM   #100
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofomkcidtae View Post
this is true. i get called a paki, but am only half brown so i have special protection from racial insults. no one can say anythin to me.
Old 06-04-2013 at 12:16 PM   #101
BamPow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
That is such a stereotypical and ignorant thing to say... what sample size are you basing that claim on? because i highly doubt its a large sample of the mixed race population
Sigh it's generalizing and stereotypical to call a race or mix beautiful?

Well, that's a first.

I was merely encouraging and promoting interracial couples. No need to spread your apparent hate and racism for mixed babies here.

Calm down.
Old 06-04-2013 at 12:46 PM   #102
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Sigh it's generalizing and stereotypical to call a race or mix beautiful?

Well, that's a first.

I was merely encouraging and promoting interracial couples. No need to spread your apparent hate and racism for mixed babies here.

Calm down.
My hate and racism towards mixed babies? Way to speak in hyperbole kid. I said its generalizing to say that all mixed racial people are beautiful. same way as it would be to say the same thing about white, or black, or asian or any other people.
Way to completely over exaggerate there though by bringing racism into it
Old 06-04-2013 at 01:23 PM   #103
BamPow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
My hate and racism towards mixed babies? Way to speak in hyperbole kid. I said its generalizing to say that all mixed racial people are beautiful. same way as it would be to say the same thing about white, or black, or asian or any other people.
Way to completely over exaggerate there though by bringing racism into it
I just simply don't see how calling a race or mix beautiful is a bad thing.
Old 06-04-2013 at 01:41 PM   #104
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
I just simply don't see how calling a race or mix beautiful is a bad thing.
never said it was. simply said that calling every person of a mixed race beautiful based solely on their racial background is an inaccurate statement. last time im gonna try iterating that point here