MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac football blows huge lead dabulls General Discussion 8 09-20-2010 02:06 PM
McMaster E-mail Huge Issues IbrahimH Computers & Tech 13 08-30-2010 10:28 AM
Charity Ball Huge Success Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-07-2009 06:58 PM
Trick or Eat a HUGE SUCCESS! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-01-2007 11:03 PM

iPhone 4 has huge problems

Old 06-30-2010 at 12:37 AM   #31
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Damn, I wish I wasn't so poor, my phone sucks and I just sort of picked it out at random at the Rogers store... I basically am forced to carry around it, and my iPod; I want to combine all the features of both, which is why I wanted iPhone 4, but now Droid X, HTC evo, or is there something nice and cheap?
Old 06-30-2010 at 12:41 AM   #32
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
...or is there something nice and cheap?
I bet original iPhone 3Gs are pretty cheap now.
Old 06-30-2010 at 12:49 AM   #33
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I bet original iPhone 3Gs are pretty cheap now.
How much does the data plan, texting, and talking plans cost though, I thought they were retardedly high priced.
Old 06-30-2010 at 12:54 AM   #34
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
How much does the data plan, texting, and talking plans cost though, I thought they were retardedly high priced.
I don't know if this link works but...

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpWl...bo Plans.page

That's for Bell. You can check on the other sites as well. I checked for Rogers, seems like they have more deals for BlackBerry vs other phones.
Old 06-30-2010 at 01:02 AM   #35
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
There's really no solid smartphone plans below $60, and most of those have horrible talk time. "Cheap" and "Smartphone" just don't mix.
Old 06-30-2010 at 08:49 AM   #36
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Like i said if you drop any phone a couple times the screen is bound to crack or stop working. Yes apple might have screwed up in laying the screen on top. But i dont care. cause if im planning on spending 600-700$ on something, im am deff gonna try my best to make sure it dosent fall.

And why do the blotches matter? They dissapere after a day or 2.

I still dont have a firm opinion on the atenna thing as its to early to say . We will see what comes of it.

I am glad that is was out in the us first so we sorta get it once everything is figured out.

PLANS

Like a lot of people said. If you want data in your plan the minimum your gonna be paying is 50$.
I have done a lot of research and cant find anything below that, unless you know someone...

There will be a wave of unlimited plans once the new iphone comes out.

I am planning on getting a phone unlocked and just going with a voice plan. The way i see it. we have wireless at Mcmaster and if your a bell customer you get free wireless internet at all starbucks. But i will prolly end up getting data later

Quote:
Like they said at least 50$. It is almost worth going on a contract and getting a subsidized phone if you want data. The 3GS is 99$ on a 2 year contract i believe

www.mycellphonemyterm s.com <-- Try that for new plans

Last edited by Crzyrio : 06-30-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-30-2010 at 04:55 PM   #37
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

A good cheap smartphone is something like the older HTC Hero on Telus or Magic+ on Rogers, but I don't think they're selling that anymore...

However, a plan for a smartphone is ridiculous. I'm with Fido, and for what I have, I don't pay thaaaat much in terms of a Canadian cell phone bill. I have long distance minutes, unlimited text and the usual stuff and it's like... 80 bucks a month. Which is simply far too much, but it won't get much better than that for now...

That annoys me. On Sprint, you can get the new Evo 4G for 199, and with it, you can pay 70 bucks a month and get REAL unlimited data, unlimited texting, and something like 500 anytime minutes NATIONWIDE. Not to mention unlimited Sprint to Sprint calling.

Why is it that Canada gets so screwed? It bothers me more that instead of competing with the new companies, Rogers is launching an entirely new company (Chatr) to compete with Wind and the like. It's a genius move from a business standpoint, but it sucks for us customers...
Old 06-30-2010 at 05:15 PM   #38
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post
A good cheap smartphone is something like the older HTC Hero on Telus or Magic+ on Rogers, but I don't think they're selling that anymore...

However, a plan for a smartphone is ridiculous. I'm with Fido, and for what I have, I don't pay thaaaat much in terms of a Canadian cell phone bill. I have long distance minutes, unlimited text and the usual stuff and it's like... 80 bucks a month. Which is simply far too much, but it won't get much better than that for now...

That annoys me. On Sprint, you can get the new Evo 4G for 199, and with it, you can pay 70 bucks a month and get REAL unlimited data, unlimited texting, and something like 500 anytime minutes NATIONWIDE. Not to mention unlimited Sprint to Sprint calling.

Why is it that Canada gets so screwed? It bothers me more that instead of competing with the new companies, Rogers is launching an entirely new company (Chatr) to compete with Wind and the like. It's a genius move from a business standpoint, but it sucks for us customers...
Hmm... Just looked up Chatr, this will be interesting. If they can give me Wind prices with Rogers coverage and using a frequency that'll let me keep my current Phone, I'm in

Apparently we should be expecting some formal announcements by the end of the summer.
Old 07-01-2010 at 12:06 AM   #39
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain

Hmm... Just looked up Chatr, this will be interesting. If they can give me Wind prices with Rogers coverage and using a frequency that'll let me keep my current Phone, I'm in

Apparently we should be expecting some formal announcements by the end of the summer.
That is quiet interesting. And im guessing since it is being Launched by rogers it would be using the same tower, frequency etc as rogers?

I also believe Koodo is suppose to hop on to the new HSPA network that telus is using? Which means we should also see new phone and data plans from them as well?
Old 07-01-2010 at 11:23 AM   #40
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

http://www.boygeniusreport.c om/201...gets-official/

Looks like Chatr is Voice and Text only, no Data. Looks like I couldn't care less about it, now let's just wait for a phone I want to come out that works on Wind
Old 07-09-2010 at 10:01 AM   #41
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

On my trip to the States I passed by the Apple store and tried the iPhone 4. I seriously want one now... Lol
Old 07-09-2010 at 10:18 AM   #42
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
On my trip to the States I passed by the Apple store and tried the iPhone 4. I seriously want one now... Lol
I have yet to try the iPhone 4, but i was play around with the iPhone 3GS in BB yesterday.. man, its way better than i thought