Liked: 229 Times

iphone 4s .... iphone for steve
Old 10-07-2011 at 02:14 PM   #77
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever View Post
check out this guy's youtube channel for a good laugh.
Hilarious, lets see you do better? I highly doubt you have any talent whatsoever considering you resort to flaming a PERSON on the thread as opposed to making a valid argument for ANY point discussed at all in the thread. Grow up douche.

Aside from that piece of sh it, you guys should check out the video of the nexus prime that was leaked today, software looks a bit laggy, maybe just because its still pre-release, but this close to the announcement I would have hoped android had something better than that.

Zachary likes this.
Old 10-07-2011 at 06:12 PM   #78
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
fail on apples part.

Fans water a bigger screen... didn't happen.
Fans want flash... never will happen.
iPhone 5... didn't' happen.

Its a good phone... but the SGSII is still kicks ass. Even the Google Nexus S which was released last year is still a top contender.

This is a ploy just to milk its fans of money. Who ever buys this phone thinking its all that... is a complete idoit. Stick with iPhone 4 or some android phone or BB. iPhone 4s is stupid so save your money.
Thought you were talking about the camera flash.
Old 10-07-2011 at 06:22 PM   #79
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Hilarious, lets see you do better? I highly doubt you have any talent whatsoever considering you resort to flaming a PERSON on the thread as opposed to making a valid argument for ANY point discussed at all in the thread. Grow up douche.

Aside from that piece of sh it, you guys should check out the video of the nexus prime that was leaked today, software looks a bit laggy, maybe just because its still pre-release, but this close to the announcement I would have hoped android had something better than that.
Watch it again, maybe your connection was slow so it couldn't stream at full speed.

The video I saw was buttery smooth.
Old 10-07-2011 at 06:24 PM   #80
zango
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Watch it again, maybe your connection was slow so it couldn't stream at full speed.

The video I saw was buttery smooth.
I mean he presses things and nothing happens, he then has to continue to press in order for the action to occur.

(0:36, 0:47, 0:49 (swipe), 0:52, 0:56, 1:01, 1:05, 1:09)

Check out the video at those times.

Last edited by zango : 10-07-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2011 at 10:46 PM   #81
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever View Post
check out this guy's youtube channel for a good laugh.
What's so funny about his channel? All I see is someone doing what they enjoy.

While time makes him a better musician, it will only make a more bitter person out of you, if you persist with that attitude.

If.

zango says thanks to Zachary for this post.
Old 10-08-2011 at 07:18 AM   #82
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
I mean he presses things and nothing happens, he then has to continue to press in order for the action to occur.

(0:36, 0:47, 0:49 (swipe), 0:52, 0:56, 1:01, 1:05, 1:09)

Check out the video at those times.
If you try, you'll find that it's extremely hard to make a video holding a camera in one hand and the device in another.
Old 10-08-2011 at 11:28 AM   #83
zango
Elite Member

That has nothing to do with it, he's still making contact with the phone, no denying it. I'm not saying that's what the final build will be like, I'm just saying its a bit buggy this close to an announcement.
Old 10-10-2011 at 09:40 AM   #84
zango
Elite Member

For the haters who hate just cuz they're gonna hate, here are the numbers to show you Apple knows how to run a business.

iPhone 4 pre-orders in first 24 hours: 600,000

iPhone 4S pre-orders in first 24 hours: 1,000,000

Press release source:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011...-24-Hours.html
Old 10-10-2011 at 09:45 AM   #85
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

No one doubted the product and the fact that it wouldn't sell. Heck the iPhone 3Gs is the second best selling phone in the US. It was typical pessimism from the market, stemming from the fact that externally the iPhone remained the same. After Jobs death, expect a crazy quarter for Apple. Steves followers will show their servitude by buying his products in record numbers. Also Steve Wozniak FTW.
Old 10-10-2011 at 11:23 PM   #86
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
For the haters who hate just cuz they're gonna hate, here are the numbers to show you Apple knows how to run a business.

iPhone 4 pre-orders in first 24 hours: 600,000

iPhone 4S pre-orders in first 24 hours: 1,000,000

Press release source:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011...-24-Hours.html
The death of Steve Jobs and the rumor that iPhone 4S = iPhone for Steve is a large part of that.

There are no haters, there's just the people who buy the stuff and the people who don't.

And then there are people like me who also dream of breaking iphones just for fun.

Also, arguing that a phone is the best when there's only one device running an OS is like saying that a software is good just based on the number of CDs it sold (only to find out that they only released it on CDs).

Doesn't mean the software is bad, just means that you aren't comparing it with the actual competition (i.e. The number of Android/WP7 phones sold that day). When consumers have choice, they don't necessarily go for the best device, they adjust to their budget. You don't have that freedom wwith iOS

Last edited by Afzal : 10-10-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2011 at 11:32 PM   #87
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
The death of Steve Jobs and the rumor that iPhone 4S = iPhone for Steve is a large part of that.

There are no haters, there's just the people who buy the stuff and the people who don't.

And then there are people like me who also dream of breaking iphones just for fun.

Also, arguing that a phone is the best when there's only one device running an OS is like saying that a software is good just based on the number of CDs it sold (only to find out that they only released it on CDs).

Doesn't mean the software is bad, just means that you aren't comparing it with the actual competition (i.e. The number of Android/WP7 phones sold that day). When consumers have choice, they don't necessarily go for the best device, they adjust to their budget. You don't have that freedom wwith iOS
The 3GS sold well and it was a similar upgrade over the 3G (At least then the speed increase caused the phone to go from a little choppy to smooth, not silky smooth to still silky smooth like the 4 -> 4S upgrade). A growing number people just seem to want a new iPhone regardless of the reasoning...
Old 10-11-2011 at 07:41 AM   #88
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
The 3GS sold well and it was a similar upgrade over the 3G (At least then the speed increase caused the phone to go from a little choppy to smooth, not silky smooth to still silky smooth like the 4 -> 4S upgrade). A growing number people just seem to want a new iPhone regardless of the reasoning...
All I'm saying is that the iPhone sells well because it's the only phone with iOS on it...and iOS sells.
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:47 AM   #89
ryan10200

Liked: 1 Time

Ill wait for the new BBX phone, cant wait for DevCon this month
Old 10-11-2011 at 12:54 PM   #90
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
All I'm saying is that the iPhone sells well because it's the only phone with iOS on it...and iOS sells.
You seem to be under the impression that people are buying iPhones because they like iOS.

However, the unfortunate truth is that the majority of Apple supporters are buying iPhones because they're aesthetically pleasing gadgets with Apple logos on them.

Afzal likes this.