MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-11-2011 at 12:59 PM   #91
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
All I'm saying is that the iPhone sells well because it's the only phone with iOS on it...and iOS sells.
Why else would you buy a phone?

Whats the point of having a Penta core processor on your phone if the OS is still going to lag on it. The iPhone is running at 800Mhz with 512Ram and is still smooth as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
You seem to be under the impression that people are buying iPhones because they like iOS.

However, the unfortunate truth is that the majority of Apple supporters are buying iPhones because they're aesthetically pleasing gadgets with Apple logos on them.
Yes I bought my iPhone cause of the way it looks, I didn't like how the 3Gs looked so when the 4 came out i hoped right on it.,
But people buy iPhones because they don't need to do anything to get them to work. They are simple and do what you expect it to do when you expect it to do.

Looks count but so does everything else
Old 10-11-2011 at 03:50 PM   #92
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

I didn't buy it for the Apple logo, I bought it (the 4) because its a good phone, and the fact that its a year old and still stands up to the GS2 is great.

And btw, its not called the iPhone 4 steve... the "s" stands for speed (i think), same as when the 3G was upgraded to the 3GS, same look, better insides.

Crzyrio likes this.
Old 10-11-2011 at 04:55 PM   #93
MSaleh

Liked: 8 Times

Why does every thread about Apple have to be a comparison?
Apple is not better, Android is not better.

If you like how iOS is, good for you.
If you like how Android is, great.

It's like mobile operating systems and brands are the new religions, and everyone talking about them on the forums is a missionary.

iPhone 4, or the 4s are both great phones.

I use a SGS2, as I like the increased screen size, and I like fidgeting around and developing.

I, however, love the resolution, and app selection on the iPhone, but I have all the apps I could ever want or need on the Android Market.

People have preferences, relax, people.

Crzyrio, Tailsnake, Yogurt like this.
Old 10-11-2011 at 07:32 PM   #94
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSaleh View Post
Why does every thread about Apple have to be a comparison?
Apple is not better, Android is not better.

If you like how iOS is, good for you.
If you like how Android is, great.

It's like mobile operating systems and brands are the new religions, and everyone talking about them on the forums is a missionary.

iPhone 4, or the 4s are both great phones.

I use a SGS2, as I like the increased screen size, and I like fidgeting around and developing.

I, however, love the resolution, and app selection on the iPhone, but I have all the apps I could ever want or need on the Android Market.

People have preferences, relax, people.
No. You're wrong. And you're a heritic.

Afzal, MSaleh like this.
Old 10-11-2011 at 07:38 PM   #95
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=MKRwV3DTVL o

The voice recognition on Siri seems really developed compared to what we're accustomed to. They're talking at a normal-to-fast pace, and not all words are properly articulated, and Siri still understands them properly. And the context recognition of Siri may really put this ahead of other voice recognition software.

Crzyrio likes this.
Old 10-11-2011 at 09:05 PM   #96
Raihan

Liked: 0 Times

if you already have the 4... just stick with it until the 5 i guess... thats what im doing
Old 10-15-2011 at 03:34 PM   #97
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLY View Post
Upgraded from 512mb in the iPhone 4 to 1GB in the iPhone 4S...
Hmm...so apparently the 4S still only has 512mb of RAM. I wonder how the benchmark speeds compare to the other dual-core phones out there.
Old 10-15-2011 at 04:01 PM   #98
zango
Elite Member

iSuppli says "The fact that the iPhone 4S still uses only 512MB "highlights the efficiency of Apple's iOS operating system compared to those of competitive smartphones, which use twice as much "

Here's some benchmark tests:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4951/i...pu-than-ipad-2
Old 10-15-2011 at 04:04 PM   #99
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
iSuppli says "The fact that the iPhone 4S still uses only 512MB "highlights the efficiency of Apple's iOS operating system compared to those of competitive smartphones, which use twice as much "

Here's some benchmark tests:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4951/i...pu-than-ipad-2
From the comments on the article and general buzz on the net, those benchmarks are off for the Android phones (Using older OS version and older version of the test)
Old 10-15-2011 at 07:07 PM   #100
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=MKRwV3DTVL o

The voice recognition on Siri seems really developed compared to what we're accustomed to. They're talking at a normal-to-fast pace, and not all words are properly articulated, and Siri still understands them properly. And the context recognition of Siri may really put this ahead of other voice recognition software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiU8G...yer_embedde d
Old 10-15-2011 at 08:59 PM   #101
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post

lmao nice! But way to pick one of the few exceptions.

I don't see how anyone can argue that Siri is the same as every other voice recognition software. It may not be perfect but it is a huge step in the right direction.
Old 10-16-2011 at 09:51 PM   #102
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

A real-world comparison of the SGS2 (6 months old) and the all new iPhone 4S:
http://www.smartphoneenvy.co m/appl...4s/#more-18544

Watch the videos.

Summary
Quote:
The Galaxy S II is everything the iPhone 4S is and more. It’s quicker, better 1080p video capture, larger display, better browsing experience, faster at loading web pages, better for watching video, Swype, more attachments for messaging, the list goes on and on.

Afzal, Allan, Tailsnake like this.
Old 10-17-2011 at 01:50 AM   #103
zango
Elite Member

That's an opinion. Nothing more.
Old 10-17-2011 at 06:00 AM   #104
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
That's an opinion. Nothing more.
Quicker, better 1080p video capture and larger display are not opinions.
Old 10-17-2011 at 06:26 AM   #105
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Quicker, better 1080p video capture and larger display are not opinions.
No but "better browsing experience" and "better for watching video" certainly are.