MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer OSAP and dropping a class TroubleStorm Academics 8 05-10-2012 04:22 PM
Dropping Summer Course luna Academics 4 06-25-2011 10:30 AM
Dropping a Course & Re-taking it in the Summer? JigglyPuff First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-11-2010 01:30 AM
Dropping Summer Class MrSmith Academics 7 06-14-2010 09:35 PM

What are the issues of dropping a course in summer after May 8th?

Old 05-11-2015 at 10:36 AM   #1
PayDay

Liked: 0 Times

What are the issues of dropping a course in summer after May 8th?
Hi,
I am in faculty of engineering, I failed a course first time during school year, I took it the second time in 2014 but I dropped it after May 8th because I got coop so on my transcript it shows cancelled.

I took that class again this summer but unfortunately I dropped the course after may 8th because I didn't have enough money to pay for it and osap wouldn't extend because it is only 1 course. I know I will incur 20% fees but having cancelled the course, is there a limit to how many times you can cancel a course?

Also when I cancelled the course this time it shows W(Withdrawn) instead of CAN (cancelled)? Is there a difference between them.

Any help would be appreciated, I went to the engineering office but they are all busy with grade review.

Thank you.
Old 05-11-2015 at 02:44 PM   #2
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I believe you can add or drop a course as many times as you would like, but you would likely continue to get the notes on your transcript which show how you keep dropping it.
Old 05-11-2015 at 04:22 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Withdrawn and Cancelled are different - one is if you drop it before the date for financial penalty, and one is if you drop it after that date.
Old 05-11-2015 at 04:45 PM   #4
PayDay

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks guys, do you know which is canceled and withdrawn?
Old 05-11-2015 at 04:56 PM   #5
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

well if the course is 1st summer term, which has deadline may8th, then its canceled and you will get charged. if the course is 2nd summer term then you can still add/remove courses for that term.
Old 05-11-2015 at 05:40 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
Thanks guys, do you know which is canceled and withdrawn?
I don't remember off the top of my head, but you can look it up on the student accounts & cashiers website and/or the course calendar and/or google.