MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things you should be keeping in mind ... Rossclot General Discussion 3 04-26-2010 11:41 AM
Keeping in Touch, with a Mac. goodnews.inc General Discussion 18 07-19-2009 12:11 AM
Am I keeping my options open?!?! jimimusic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 07-09-2009 09:53 PM
Keeping in Touch with Your Representatives - The SRA Blog casey.park MacInsiders Announcements 4 05-16-2009 01:03 PM

Keeping bugs outta the house.

Old 09-30-2009 at 09:38 PM   #31
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Yea.

That's exactly what I said. Here's the e-mail I sent him:

"Hey Kevin. I'm just wondering, do we have a dehumidifier in this house (89 haddon south)? The amount of centipedes we're getting is just disgusting... plus it doesn't help that I have an inherent fear of creepy-crawlies. :S

Thanks,
Cheri."

And he came by that night and put one in. I barely even asked. XD
Aw that's nice. I seem to get stuck with not so good landlords... the one right now has her daughters (living in the basement) spying on me I swear to god. I got an e-mail from her saying that it was a one person lease only.. and if I was having frequent overnight guests, I need to cough up an extra 100-200 dollars a month.
My boyfriend stayed over for frosh week.. that's it. :OOOOOOOOOOO

And then she said that my extra mini fridge would cost $25 a month when she verbally said that it was fine for me to bring it before we signed the lease.

BUTTTTTTT back to creepy crawlies. I love spiders!!! They kill and eat the mosquitos and fruit flies that I hate. Besides those two bugs, I leave my other bugs alone. The centipedes although nasty actually eat cockroaches (which is why you don't have any.. maybe) and they lay only one egg at a time (versus a cockroach laying like hundreds...). I learned this in first year bio but I'm living on the ground floor so I guess not as many problems as you. I actually use a humidifier in the winter lol, gets too dry. Hopefully it won't attract centipedes to my room...
Old 09-30-2009 at 10:05 PM   #32
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
Aw that's nice. I seem to get stuck with not so good landlords... the one right now has her daughters (living in the basement) spying on me I swear to god. I got an e-mail from her saying that it was a one person lease only.. and if I was having frequent overnight guests, I need to cough up an extra 100-200 dollars a month.
My boyfriend stayed over for frosh week.. that's it. :OOOOOOOOOOO

And then she said that my extra mini fridge would cost $25 a month when she verbally said that it was fine for me to bring it before we signed the lease.

BUTTTTTTT back to creepy crawlies. I love spiders!!! They kill and eat the mosquitos and fruit flies that I hate. Besides those two bugs, I leave my other bugs alone. The centipedes although nasty actually eat cockroaches (which is why you don't have any.. maybe) and they lay only one egg at a time (versus a cockroach laying like hundreds...). I learned this in first year bio but I'm living on the ground floor so I guess not as many problems as you. I actually use a humidifier in the winter lol, gets too dry. Hopefully it won't attract centipedes to my room...
ASJDKLAJSDSJA2. UGH. Cockroaches are so disgusting and they have sticky backs so that bad bacteria/other things stick to them.

When I was on a train in India they were so big and kept on popping up everywhere that I wanted to cry at one point. ;__;

Centipedes (which are scary) >>>>> Cockroaches.

Fight0 likes this.
Old 10-01-2009 at 12:59 AM   #33
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

me and roomies have seen our share amount of bugs, and have emptied out 3 bottles of raid, and saw a grasshopper in our kitchen sink. O and its verya annoying to have a bug crawling onur laptop screen sumtimes! good thing theres lysol
Old 10-01-2009 at 08:13 PM   #34
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
good thing theres lysol
Waste of money... I wonder how we survived without all of these poisons and chemicals.

Remember... these solutions only kill 99% of the germs... just wait when that last 1% comes back and you can't kill it (there's a reason it survived in the first place). What then?

Bugs get into the house... that's life. Put them outside or squish them (whatever you want to do), but try not to make a big deal about it.

One last thing: you're always within 1 meter of a spider. Always... remember that
Old 10-01-2009 at 08:34 PM   #35
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Waste of money... I wonder how we survived without all of these poisons and chemicals.

Remember... these solutions only kill 99% of the germs... just wait when that last 1% comes back and you can't kill it (there's a reason it survived in the first place). What then?

Bugs get into the house... that's life. Put them outside or squish them (whatever you want to do), but try not to make a big deal about it.

One last thing: you're always within 1 meter of a spider. Always... remember that
Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. Damn you. D:

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-01-2009 at 08:43 PM   #36
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
I loled
Old 10-02-2009 at 08:41 PM   #37
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Sometimes I think spiders are stupid. One made a web on the dishwashing rack. Wtf. It's in a corner of it (I have a plastic one with a base, not those metal ones with holes everywhere) so I don't kill it and I don't think other people see it but why would you make a web in a high human frequency area like that???
Old 10-02-2009 at 09:19 PM   #38
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
Sometimes I think spiders are stupid. One made a web on the dishwashing rack. Wtf. It's in a corner of it (I have a plastic one with a base, not those metal ones with holes everywhere) so I don't kill it and I don't think other people see it but why would you make a web in a high human frequency area like that???
To scare the shit out of people like me. :(

Old 10-02-2009 at 09:56 PM   #39
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
ASJDKLAJSDSJA2. UGH. Cockroaches are so disgusting and they have sticky backs so that bad bacteria/other things stick to them.

When I was on a train in India they were so big and kept on popping up everywhere that I wanted to cry at one point. ;__;

Centipedes (which are scary) >>>>> Cockroaches.
At least you didn't have one crawling on your foot
Old 10-02-2009 at 09:58 PM   #40
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
At least you didn't have one crawling on your foot
I would shit myself. And/or cry. And I haven't cried since I was 8. :O

Old 10-02-2009 at 10:03 PM   #41
Fight0
Elite Member

Quote:
I would shit myself. And/or cry. And I haven't cried since I was 8. :O
lol my job was to pick them up and throw them out the train window... Not so fun.
Old 10-02-2009 at 10:07 PM   #42
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
lol my job was to pick them up and throw them out the train window... Not so fun.
Okay, I literally imagine someone picking a cockroach up and throwing it out a train window... at like 120km/hr. You can't be serious. That's almost too comical. XD

Old 10-02-2009 at 10:08 PM   #43
Fight0
Elite Member

Quote:
Okay, I literally imagine someone picking a cockroach up and throwing it out a train window... at like 120km/hr. You can't be serious. That's almost too comical. XD
Yeah I got like 6

It was a really, really long night...

lawleypop likes this.
Old 10-02-2009 at 10:42 PM   #44
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Yeah I got like 6

It was a really, really long night...
Ugh. They were so gross. I hope they didn't crawl on me when I ended up passing out at 4 :|.

There was a mouse too. Haha

Quote:

He did. He even had a little baggy.
There were some pretty funny lines that night =p
Old 10-03-2009 at 12:51 AM   #45
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Ugh. I JUST HAD TO DEAL WITH A 2-2.5" CENTIPEDE!

I almost started to cry and called my boyfriend...who lives in BC. Apparently there is only so much you can do 4300 miles away.

Apparently coaxing me to use a vacuum and suck the ****er up took a little bit longer than expected. As did calming me down.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement