MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ask the Candidates - Kieran Chad Presidentials 2010 1 02-01-2010 03:42 PM
Second Candidate To Join Kieran Alkerton temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-26-2010 01:51 PM

Kieran Alkerton

Old 02-03-2010
JillfromChil
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 02-03-2010
Bothwell
Old 02-04-2010
huzaifa47
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:01 AM   #151
scrambles

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Well I ditto what Jmac just said, maybe this is a conspiracy story but this sounds very much like an organized and planned anonymous topic invasion. Folks at 4Chan have perfected this over the years and a simple google search will reveal articles covering that phenomenon, since someone here described SASS anon I can analogize that place with 4chan(since they are both anon).

Those are ridiculous & unsubstantiated claims Mr Bothwell and if you really want please show up at our campaign headquarters with a witness or two(according to EC rules) and please point out to us who that individual was.

That is the proper way of going about things and having a formal complaint rather then just making an account on Insiders to troll this thread and your only 5 posts you EVER made being completely Anti Kieran & solely on this thread. That is all you apparently are here on MacInsiders for. Well done!
Two quick things, I don't have an opinion one way or the other regarding any libel or slander or whathave you, but I have a couple of clarifications again.

One, while I accept the comparison of the sass anon forum with 4chan (though it's not quite so bad I must say), however I still would take offense that you would immediately assume this was some sort of planned topic invasion. I ensure you that Justin's opinions are absolutely his own, just because he is an Art Sci does not mean he represents Art Sci.

And as to telling him off for not doing it properly and just trolling... Search College Humour Troll in google to see a troll. Justin, as much as his post was quite angry etc., do give him the credit that he wasn't just flaming, he was in fact asking how to make a formal complaint.

Does anyone like The Simpsons as much as myself? I can't help feel like Homer on this forum, trapped in a toy.
"Damn You Rock'em Sock'em Robots! Can't We All Just Get Along?"

neila.b likes this.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:07 AM   #152
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times

so i verified this with a different candidate and his team today- there is a rule against campaigning on a faculty-specific forum.
however, the fact remains that mary herself was not doing ANY campaigning, and even asked us to stop once she heard that it had gotten out. she can't possibly be responsible for stalking chat as often as the rest of us do. and even if she did, what with it being anonymous and all that, she really would be in no position to stop people if they really wanted to continue voicing their opinions (we did stop, because we respect her greatly and don't want to harm her campaign, but that's another matter)
yes, i know this has been said before but you seem entirely unwilling to accept this. it seems as if you've created quite the double standard here between what is acceptable behaviour for you, and acceptable behaviour against you.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:08 AM   #153
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambles View Post
And as to telling him off for not doing it properly and just trolling... Search College Humour Troll in google to see a troll. Justin, as much as his post was quite angry etc., do give him the credit that he wasn't just flaming, he was in fact asking how to make a formal complaint.
Well Sir if I see alot of people from a single small faculty(presumably all active users of SASS) all congregating on the thread of a candidate that is the main threat to a candidate from their own faculty, then I see that these users have only recently signed up to MacInsiders and that some of them have to some extent shown blatant support for another candidate in any capacity and that none of them have been active users at MacInsiders at all bar congregating at THIS thread with completely negative remarks. Am I not wrong as a rational being to piece it all together?

What here looks like "normal" disussion, can you point it out for me?

And please stop fooling around, you know very well that I was reffering to the first part of his post about someone apparently making a sexist remark and NOT his second part, I fully acknowledged his second section about reporting it and responded to it.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 02-04-2010 at 12:10 AM   #154
Bothwell

Liked: 2 Times

Actually, Huzaifa, it was Ian's claims that there were two people on Mary's campaign team who were slandering Kieran; nice to see you had the stones to pick up the ball and name some names. Neila here seems to be a supporter, in the same category as the misguided soul who spoke to me. As for Harrison, perhaps he's around here somewhere to defend himself. This is exactly what I asked for earlier today; I"m sorry it's taken until now to produce identifiable targets who can defend themselves.
Likewise, your 'collaboration' of the evidence is extremely circumstantial; what gives you the nerve to state as fact circumstances which are flimsy at best? You have the nerve to call me a liar, and this is the evidence you produce? Why should I not reciprocate and accuse you of deliberately fabricating this allegation?
After all, having access to Sasschat, you could have deliberately planted this quote? Is this such a stretch? If you'd had the courtesy to post your "evidence" along with your accusations, as you should have done if only out of courtesy, it could have been properly refuted immediately. Instead, you teased it out (out of a misguided sense of propriety, or a desire to milk some advantage from it, who can say). Next time do us all a favor and post facts with your slander, instead of suppositions.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:14 AM   #155
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times

sorry bothwell, i'm no longer even an overt supporter. really, the only reason they pegged me as such was my fb picture, which is now changed.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:19 AM   #156
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I suggest that the back and forth arguments stop. There is no sense in arguing at this point. Elections will be later on today. The thread was created as a discussion of Kieran's campaign. If you have a complaint, then submit it to the Elections Committee. This is getting ridiculous now...

scrambles says thanks to Nino for this post.

scrambles likes this.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:20 AM   #157
scrambles

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Well Sir if I see alot of people from a single small faculty(presumably all active users of SASS) all congregating on the thread of a candidate that is the main threat to a candidate from their own faculty, then I see that these users have only recently signed up to MacInsiders and that some of them have to some extent shown blatant support for another candidate in any capacity and that none of them have been active users at MacInsiders at all bar congregating at THIS thread with completely negative remarks. Am I not wrong as a rational being to piece it all together?

What here looks like "normal" disussion, can you point it out for me?

And please stop fooling around, you know very well that I was reffering to the first part of his post about someone apparently making a sexist remark and NOT his second part, I fully acknowledged his second section about reporting it and responded to it.
Huzaifa, I take some offense to this. I made this Macinsiders account recently, yes, because until now I had no purpose for one. But, as both a user of the anonymous forum and a member of Mary's campaign team, I had hoped to provide some clarification on the issue. My posts are absolutely not completely negative as you would say, far from it I hope. Others who came to this forum did not do so to attack Kieran, but to defend themselves and their forum which until recently they considered private.

As for the last part, I didn't' realize you acknowledged it, sorry I must have missed it. I'm not trying to "fool around" or anything like that, I'm sorry if I came off as such.

Anyway, there is plenty to do tomorrow, and I still have a project due as well, oh dear! So I'm afraid I cannot continue to follow this rapidly growing thread, please just know that as I try to emphasize that I think Kieran is an EXCELLENT candidate, and that I only wanted to provide clarification around the use of the forum, and etc.

One final point, do not misconstrue members of SASS for automatic supporters of Mary. Despite the fact that her platform does appeal to SASS ideals, she does not have uniform support from our program despite popular belief.

Good night everyone! Don't forget to vote if you haven't yet!
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:21 AM   #158
Bothwell

Good plan Nino! I"ll see if I can track down some of the people walking with me and get the complaint certified and submitted. Would be terrible if one platform is punished for allegations regarding their supporters while others got off scot free.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:24 AM   #159
Bothwell

and lest I forget, Huzaifa, I hope I'll see you there with your witnesses regarding Mary's alleged electoral violations. That'd be rich.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:25 AM   #160
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
I suggest that the back and forth arguments stop. There is no sense in arguing at this point. The thread was created as a discussion of Kieran's campaign. Elections will be later on today. If you have a complaint, then submit it to the Elections Committee. This is getting ridiculous now...
I've already mentioned that a couple of times so far, the hope that this will be the last post in the chain. But these individuals clearly don't seem to get the idea and are intentionally trying to insinuate all of us by coming up with ridiculous arguments straight from trolling 101 manual.

As things stand right now we have notified the EC about discussion within an online environment that is not accessible to everyone(Hence LearnLink being banned for the Elections) and that is about it, they might reject it but everyone has a right to submit any violation if they want, there is no discrimination; the other issues were done and sorted out with Mary but these people from SASS seem adamant to bring them up again. Mr Bothwell should similarly submit a complaint with a witness or two tomorrow if is so inclined.

Keep it formal and keep it simple, as I said there is no positive outcome for this cyclical argument other then the fact that it just derails regular users from accessing Discussion of Kieran's platform ideas.

If people like Nelia and Bothwell who seem very interested in this thread & Kieran have any questions about Kieran's platform I will be happy to answer them.

Have a good night.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 02-04-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:29 AM   #161
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

It saddens me to see that there has to be such hostility. Both Kieran and Mary are qualified for the position. Rather than accusing other campaign teams and causing trouble, there should be focus on that last "push" for your candidates' campaign. Once again, elections are later today. As someone who is not on any campaign team, I am very disappointed in some of the things I have seen during the campaign period from supporters/campaign team members of certain candidates. A lot of it unnecessary and only makes the candidate you support look bad. With that said, please keep all posts relevant to Kieran's campaign. Thanks.

Last edited by Nino : 02-04-2010 at 12:39 AM.

jmbauman says thanks to Nino for this post.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:30 AM   #162
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

This is ALL over in about 16 hours. Sleep time.

Nino likes this.