MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Previously taken Mandatory Course emcanter Academics 1 06-12-2011 12:31 PM
ENG1D04 Attendance Mark? HelloThere__ Academics 4 04-22-2011 03:04 PM
ENG1D04 Attendance Mark? HelloThere__ Academics 2 04-22-2011 03:26 AM
question about lecture attendance myalani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-10-2010 04:04 PM
Mandatory course full qwerty91 Academics 5 06-17-2010 10:27 AM

Kin 1Y03 - Attendance Mandatory?

Old 05-21-2013 at 12:02 AM   #1
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

Kin 1Y03 - Attendance Mandatory?
I was wondering if attending class is a must or whether the slides are self explanatory. I ask because the time slot for kin conflicts with another course and I would have to miss all the classes!
Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013 at 12:04 AM   #2
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4 View Post
I was wondering if attending class is a must or whether the slides are self explanatory. I ask because the time slot for kin conflicts with another course and I would have to miss all the classes!
Thanks!
The classes are very important. The slides definitely do not contain all the information and the prof only tests on lecture materials so reading the textbook alone would not suffice. My "recommendation" is for you is to attend lectures.

mike4 says thanks to gggggg for this post.
Old 05-21-2013 at 01:21 PM   #3
Danielrus

Liked: 9 Times

1st semester didn't attend lectures, studied for each test by taking notes the night before from the book, mark received- D+. 2nd semester attended most classes, took notes on class based on lecture notes, studied sections covered in lecture in textbook, mark received B+. Go to class, it'll be hard since theyre at 8:30 near the end of the week (thurs/friday for me) and you wont wanna get up, but the profs (esp pincevaro) do a good job explaining the topics, and even tell you whats on/whats not on the tests. The basic slides are alright, but I found that in lecture, the prof adds more info to the slides, if you see a ... anywhere on the slides, expect to have more information shown in the lecture.

mike4 says thanks to Danielrus for this post.
Old 05-21-2013 at 03:44 PM   #4
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

there's podcasts so technically you don't have to attend, but it's good to attend and take notes because it'll save you the time anyways...plus there is iclicker questions.