MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having difficulty making friends ShesTheMan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 09-24-2010 06:14 PM
Difficulty of ECON 1BB3 ragedevil67 Academics 21 06-25-2010 11:20 AM
Electrical/Biomed Difficulty TedMosby Academics 32 06-24-2010 08:56 PM
Kinesiology 3V03: Sports Psychology bhumm02 Academics 0 06-22-2010 11:33 AM
Stats 1L03 - Difficulty Jake General Discussion 3 09-13-2009 12:21 AM

Kinesiology 3KO3: Sports Injuries Difficulty??

Old 06-08-2010 at 01:52 PM   #1
maryam17

Liked: 2 Times

Kinesiology 3KO3: Sports Injuries Difficulty??
Hey has anyone taken this class before or heard anything about it. Im kind of iffy on taking it because i didn't really do that well in MSK for second year kin, esp. the practical part. Do we have to know all the muscle orgin, insertion and actions again? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-15-2010 at 06:44 PM   #2
dani.garc

Liked: 0 Times

Sports Injuries
I'm going into my 4th year for Kin. Sports Inj is probably one of the best courses you're going to take in your university career. Andy does teach the course, so I'm sure you're somewhat familiar with his teaching style from MSK. There is a bit of memorization involved in terms of remembering signs and symptoms for different injuries and the treatments, but nothing in terms of knowing origin, insertion, nerve innervation - especially in great detail like MSK. The lab component is also really cool and different. It's lab based and has a hands-on approach. Similar to a first-aid course where you have a partner and have to do emergency situations and tape jobs. I would highly recommend it as it was one of my favourite courses in Kin. Hope this helps, and feel free to message me if you have any other questions about the program.

Dan

maryam17 says thanks to dani.garc for this post.
Old 06-16-2010 at 09:49 AM   #3
maryam17

Liked: 2 Times

thanks for the reply,

do you know roughly the class average for sports injuries? easier or more difficult then MSK?
Old 06-16-2010 at 09:55 AM   #4
dani.garc

Liked: 0 Times

Course Difficulty
My best guess would be between 80 to 100 people. They also run the course both semesters. In terms of difficulty, I'd say the material is easier than MSK, but they probably evaluate you with the same level of difficulty (i.e. application of knowledge to answer a question).

Dan