MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop processor differences and Laptop opinions **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 42 10-30-2010 03:43 PM
Laptop Battery Replacement resh.jyoti Computers & Tech 11 09-29-2010 06:10 PM
Cellphone Battery Disposal missmatch Computers & Tech 7 04-07-2010 11:56 AM
Nvidia Recall Cyclogenisis Gaming 0 04-01-2010 11:18 PM

Laptop Battery Recall

Old 10-30-2008 at 07:54 PM   #1
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times

Laptop Battery Recall
This might be important since so many students use laptops. The recall affects some HP, Dell and Toshiba models. Link to the article. Here's the link to the specific laptop models affected by this.
Old 11-03-2008 at 10:05 PM   #2
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

This be old dood; I thought it sounded familiar to something like this that happened a couple years back - in fact, one of my friends fell victim to the battery recall and returned his very own laptop; but I was surprised to hear something like this happening more recently. I honestly hadn't heard a thing mentioned at all on tech sites.

The spec's releasing info on laptops sold from 2004-2006; and honestly, the average pc life is something like 2-4 years tops, so considering that people may still have these laptops, then yes it's probably best they send it in to get fixed; but in my own honest opinion, it'd be better just to buy a more recent brand of laptop.

Honestly, you had me on edge because I thought my laptop could have possibly been one of the laptops in this recall; which would suck royally because I just bought it in August for $1500 (dell XPS m1530)! Thanks for the update anyways, there might be someone out there who'll find this information useful.
Old 11-13-2008 at 06:04 AM   #3
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

This is actually recent. I just received an email from HP about it, telling me that I need to check my laptop's battery.
Old 11-13-2008 at 10:14 AM   #4
aj-maxx
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

This is a little off-topic

But does anyone know if there is an authorised HP service center in Hamilton?
Old 11-16-2008 at 10:50 AM   #5
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

All I can say is.. HP can kiss my butt. Their laptops are freaking garbage.. Alot of my friends with dv6000s have wireless issues x_x

Old 11-16-2008 at 12:37 PM   #6
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times

I wouldn't say HP laptops are garbage. Maybe that particular model is prone to problems but from my experience I've had no trouble with any HP computers. And thats saying alot considering I got my first HP computer in 2000 and it still works fine.
Old 11-17-2008 at 11:50 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I have an HP dv6000 and haven't really had issues with wireless.

I used to have issues at school with Clean Access Agent, but since the software was updated I didn't have problems. In my old house I had issues...but I think that was just the house because I had problems with wireless on my Dell Desktop, and other people in the house had issues with their wireless too.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-17-2008 at 11:55 AM   #8
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj-maxx View Post
This is a little off-topic

But does anyone know if there is an authorised HP service center in Hamilton?
All Staples locations are authorized HP service centres. However, they are limited in what they can do on site.