MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elective Suggestions? jamescw1234 Academics 1 05-28-2011 07:58 PM
Free Tech Help/Laptop Suggestions/Etc blackdragon Computers & Tech 67 05-23-2011 06:29 PM
Laptop processor differences and Laptop opinions **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 42 10-30-2010 03:43 PM
Article Ideas (suggestions wanted!) rlevitin General Discussion 8 09-24-2008 10:37 AM

Laptop Ideas/Suggestions

Old 07-19-2011 at 05:36 PM   #31
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
The problem with a desktop + netbook combo is the synchronicity of your work between the two stations. So that's something to think about it. However, there are plenty of solutions out there.

Lol I tried using GIMP on a netbook, and it was just fine. Yes sluggish, but I got what I needed done.
Dropbox... Is there anyone still not using it at this point?
Old 07-19-2011 at 05:45 PM   #32
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Dropbox... Is there anyone still not using it at this point?
Yes that's for files. You could be well into some research or something with a million tabs open, but if you were to move stations at this point you'd need a sync mechanism to facilitate it. This also goes for working in general, where you'd have all your windows open with what you need but moving workstations will then sort of feel like you're starting over.

If you're planning to move into res or a place off-campus, bringing a desktop setup will inevitably take up more space (monitor mainly, since you can build a desktop with a small form factor).