MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Life Science Question JonZ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 51 02-04-2011 12:04 PM
Life sciences admission question TC0923 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 11-11-2010 10:09 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM
Labs/Tutorials schedule question baby_giraffe Academics 2 08-14-2008 07:17 PM
life sci question sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-01-2008 07:41 PM

Life Sci schedule question

Old 06-27-2011 at 01:19 PM   #1
sljivic55

Liked: 0 Times

Life Sci schedule question
Hey i'm going into life science in september with the hopes of going to pharmacy school after second year. For my schedule i chose courses that would fulfill the requirements for pharmacy school as well as biochemistry for year 2. How does my schedule look and what would you suggest for my last elective?

Term 1:
BIO 1A03
CHEM 1A03
PSYCH 1X03
MATH 1A03
PHYS 1B03

Term 2:
BIO 1M03
CHEM 1AA3
PSYCH 1XX3
MATH 1AA3
another elective, not sure
Old 06-27-2011 at 01:30 PM   #2
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljivic55 View Post
Hey i'm going into life science in september with the hopes of going to pharmacy school after second year. For my schedule i chose courses that would fulfill the requirements for pharmacy school as well as biochemistry for year 2. How does my schedule look and what would you suggest for my last elective?

Term 1:
BIO 1A03
CHEM 1A03
PSYCH 1X03
MATH 1A03
PHYS 1B03

Term 2:
BIO 1M03
CHEM 1AA3
PSYCH 1XX3
MATH 1AA3
another elective, not sure
Looks pretty much like every other life sci student. For the last elective, maybe Econ 1B03? Or some language course? Just take whatever interests you
Old 06-27-2011 at 02:32 PM   #3
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Math 1B03 was good too.
Old 06-27-2011 at 02:59 PM   #4
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Look at other options for level II programs and satisfy their requirements. You can also consider the recommended courses for biochemistry (ex. physics 1BB3).
Old 06-27-2011 at 03:33 PM   #5
DarkHalo

Liked: 3 Times

You should take a humanities/social science course, you will need 2 terms of this in order to apply to U of T and 4 terms to apply to Waterloo (however I believe Waterloo will count psychology towards this requirement, while U of T does not)
Old 06-27-2011 at 03:52 PM   #6
sljivic55

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
You should take a humanities/social science course, you will need 2 terms of this in order to apply to U of T and 4 terms to apply to Waterloo (however I believe Waterloo will count psychology towards this requirement, while U of T does not)
Actually according to the Leslie Dan Pharmacy School website it says that first year psychology courses will count towards the social sciences requisite.

"Introductory Psychology will be accepted as a Social Science although it is categorized as a ‘Life Science’ at most universities. Note that only first year, i.e. introductory (100), level PSY courses are acceptable. Upper level Psychology courses are not acceptable."
Old 06-27-2011 at 04:58 PM   #7
DarkHalo

Liked: 3 Times

Good catch, I got it confused with U of T medicine where the website says:

All Psychology courses taken at the University of Toronto are taught as Life Sciences; however, some universities classify Psychology as a Social Science. You must check with the university you attended. The Office of Admissions will accept their evaluation of their own course.