MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
life science 2nd year and MCAT banana93 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-02-2013 09:37 PM
Change first choice for 2nd year specialization mastercool Academics 5 05-01-2013 05:15 PM
life science 2nd year programs kwyhan Academics 7 06-11-2010 07:22 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

Life Science 2nd Year Specialization + Minor?

Old 11-27-2014 at 05:26 PM   #1
andy96

Liked: 0 Times

Life Science 2nd Year Specialization + Minor?
Hey I'm curious about having a minor. I'm in Life Sciences right now thinking about Honours Life Sci, Honours Bio Psych, or PNB. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a minor in like computer science or software engineering with one of those specializations?
Old 11-27-2014 at 06:15 PM   #2
patriots4eva

Liked: 5 Times

Hey,

Here's a link to the undergraduate calendar. Just keep scrolling till the minor section.

http://academiccalendars.rom cmaste...7& navoid=563

Computer Science is listed here, but software engineering isn't. You should check with the engineering department (I think second floor JHE?? - not sure) to see if it is possible.

Also something to keep in mind with minors:

you aren't guaranteed to get into courses and a lot are limited to people in that program, so you should definitely see which courses you need to take over the next four years.
Old 01-02-2015 at 11:55 AM   #3
gank

Liked: 1 Time

I'm in Life Sci doing a minor in econ. The thing with minors is that they do not show up on your diploma when you graduate (super lame). Also another thing to keep in mind is that in programs like PNB you are a lot more limited with respect to elective space. In Life Sci, you have lots and lots of elective space.