MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM
On another another lighter note - soccer anyone? _Luu_ General Discussion 39 07-06-2009 01:15 PM
The "I'm Lonely" Thread. wintermelon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 52 09-16-2008 11:50 AM
Colbert's "Holiday Thread Down"! Chad General Discussion 3 12-01-2006 11:26 PM

On a lighter note.. let's do a "get to know each other" thread =D

Old 07-03-2009 at 09:03 PM   #61
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
I'm so glad Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't play for Manchester United anymore. The number of Man U supporters will increase now haha.
However Man U got Michael Owen? Thoughts?
Old 07-03-2009 at 09:55 PM   #62
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

Neepa Parikh
Female
Single and ready to mingle - I promise never to repeat that.
Nonchalant, short, dreamer
To live in a tree fort in the rainforest, preferably the Amazon rainforest. Also to travel to Antarctica to take a picture with penguins wearing an incredible tuxedo.

Last edited by moops : 07-03-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2009 at 09:56 PM   #63
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
My brother is pursuing that career. He wants to learn it in Australia though.
Oh really? Awesome, it'd be pretty cool to study abroad. Power to SLPs!
Old 07-03-2009 at 09:56 PM   #64
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
However Man U got Michael Owen? Thoughts?
First of all you guys, Please refrain from ever saying "Manu". It makes me sick to the stomach and my blood boil. Why is everyone soo bloody lazy? Its Manutd! Get it right! Its "Manutd"!!! Manu is a HIGHLY derogatroy term used by rivals(Leeds/Liverscum) to mock the death of the bubsy babes. It could pretty much get you stabbed/beaten up in Manchester/Stretford end :S here: http://snipurl.com/mugmanu
Sure it sounds pretty rudimentary/stupid to clarify addittion of just two letters, but words DO make a difference. The chant which is still used sometimes is highly offensive:
"Duncan edwards is manure,rotting in his grave
man you are manure-rotting in your grave"
There are other variations to it I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure liverpool fans sung it this year after the Old Trafford match....

And Alexandra, lol I know he was a bit of an egoistic, cheating little douchebag as well, but you cannot deny he was the kind of class Chelsea never had and never will. It was a bloody top 6 club at best long before Roman bought it and all these plastic fans came tumbing in for expected glory, now most of them are with United after OUR recent successes. But I'm glad that those silly plastics are leaving, this is only a recent phenomenon though. I've been with them since 1998(I think I was 9 at that time :S) and I know. How long have you been a so called chelski fan, answer honestly I don't know a single fan who was there before Roman. Without him it lol I wonder how many of you would have supported chelsea since it was no better then Aston Villa or Everton! But the fact of the matter is that United of all you clubs has the most history and class, Bubsy Babes, George Best, The 90's Generation, King Eric! lol what do you guys have! Winning eff all your history!

And talking of douchebags, what about Fat" I love my children mate" Lampard and the Racist John Terry and its a effin Disgrace Diving whining Drogba and Herr Ja" Runs faster after the ref then ever in the match" Ballack and "55k a week you must be effin kidding me" Cashely Cole. I could go On lol

HAHAHAHAH Snared! Don't be shooting rocks from a greenhouse in the future maam

p.s: I so know you claim to hate that git, but secretly the Italian in you goes all excited and hot when you see his bronzed Abs at the end of the match admit it

And Owen is a hit and miss, if he's fit he can still give us 15-20 goals a season guaranteed. A big IF though!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 07-03-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:00 PM   #65
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
First of all you guys, Please refrain from ever saying "Manu". It makes me sick to the stomach and my blood boil. Why is everyone soo bloody lazy? Its Manutd! Get it right! Its "Manutd"!!! Manu is a HIGHLY derogatroy term used by rivals(Leeds/Liverscum) to mock the death of the bubsy babes. It could pretty much get you stabbed/beaten up in Manchester/Stretford end :S here: http://snipurl.com/mugmanu
Sure it sounds pretty rudimentary/stupid to clarify addittion of just two letters, but words DO make a difference. The chant which is still used sometimes is highly offensive:
"Duncan edwards is manure,rotting in his grave
man you are manure-rotting in your grave"
There are other variations to it I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure liverpool fans sung it this year after the Old Trafford match....
Oh, didn't know that. Learning new things every day.
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:07 PM   #66
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Cool thread! Some great responses

Chad Fullerton
Male
In a relationship
Charismatic, sensible, creative
Advertising/Interactive Design (attending post-grad Advertising Account Management program at Centennial in Sept. now that I graduated from Mac!)
Colleges do wonderful things for their students.
My uncle went to Seneca and finished at Ryerson and he loved it.
He knew kids getting 70 grand job offers despite less than ideal grades because they had some excellent attributes that companies craved.

I wanted to attend for Business Administration myself
Best of luck and I hope it's as rewarding for you as most other students

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-03-2009 at 10:30 PM   #67
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Something a bit more in depth than just the basics, I suffer from severe and often debilitating allergies. Right now I seem to be breaking out in hives.

And a peanut can kill me

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-03-2009 at 10:32 PM   #68
moops
Elite Member

ahh anaphylactic allergy?

Old 07-03-2009 at 10:34 PM   #69
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moops View Post
ahh anaphylactic allergy?
Only to peanuts

The other nuts just cause severe reactions.

Most of the time I don't even know what I'm reacting to.
I just big bumps on my face that come and go as they please.

I would think it was acne, except they swell up.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-03-2009 at 10:35 PM   #70
moops
Elite Member

ohh ouchie
well good to know in case we meet haha

Old 07-03-2009 at 10:36 PM   #71
MrFryingFish

Liked: 5 Times

Brian
Male
In a relationship
shy, creative, absent minded
To be less shy and absent minded. I'm gonna force myself to be social this year.
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:40 PM   #72
moops
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFryingFish View Post
Brian
Male
In a relationship
To be less shy and absent minded. I'm gonna force myself to be social this year.
You won't regret it! Having a lot of good friends and participating in extracurricular activities will make your university experience a bazillion times better

Old 07-03-2009 at 10:53 PM   #73
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Jeffrey Chan

Male

Single

Nerdy, Antisocial, Short-Attention-Span

1) Do well in second year (a lot of people tell me 2nd year commerce is much harder)... Although I'm already summer-schooling 2X03 and that's been just great -.-;

2) Be less antisocial. That's been my goal for about 4 years now. Last year I guess I did kinda improve (even if most of my friends I met through DC and I had to get pressured into meeting them), but goddammit I'm gonna go talk to people this year.

3) Join more extracurricular stuff.... That was my goal last year too and that went... well... (in that I signed up or 2 things and stopped going to them after a month)...
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:55 PM   #74
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFryingFish View Post
Brian
Male
In a relationship
when you're around people you're comfortable with, you'll find you're instantly less shy

And there truly isn't any other university I've seen as accomodating and welcoming as Mac. You can start up a conversation with a complete stranger about the most mundane things and end up shaking hands and exchanging names

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-03-2009 at 11:26 PM   #75
c.erl
PLUC Front, etc.

Liked: 94 Times

I am, without a doubt, Chris Erl.
Male.
Desperate...I mean, umm, single.
Idealistic, Extraverted, Political.
Get that eternally longed for History/Poli Sci B.A., be universally respected and admired, become amazingly ballin.

This is so much more fun then arguing about the benefits of unionism!