MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM
On another another lighter note - soccer anyone? _Luu_ General Discussion 39 07-06-2009 01:15 PM
The "I'm Lonely" Thread. wintermelon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 52 09-16-2008 11:50 AM
Colbert's "Holiday Thread Down"! Chad General Discussion 3 12-01-2006 11:26 PM

On a lighter note.. let's do a "get to know each other" thread =D

Old 07-04-2009 at 11:50 AM   #91
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

James
Male
Single
Awkward, unique, musical
I have a lot of goals, mostly involving grad school. I really want to get my Masters of Social Work and either work with minority groups or get into gerontology. My biggest goal would be to get into U of T's combined Law School/Social Work school program.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 07-04-2009 at 01:32 PM   #92
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz.Morra13 View Post
that was really long loll and no...I don't watch to see men take off their shirts I watch for the game (I used to play OYSL so.) PLUS hes portuguese. but i WILL admit he has impeccable ball skills I'm quite aware he's a decent player but his attitude and cheating habits are distasteful and make him less spectacular. And i didn't know the whole story behind man u, man utd. i stand corrected. I've been a chelsea fan since i startd watching the EPL in 04. My coach introduced me to it because, as a defender, he wanted me to watch Terry's style. So no, I'm not one of those people who just hopped on the bandwagon because they were winning, I just took an interest in their style of play (flat back four and a nice passing game) that was reflective of the style that my coach wanted us to play.
And besides, its fun to hate on man utd just liek u enjoy hating on chelsea.
Ps. Ma'am? really? its MISS. jeeeeez.
lollll hahahahahaha I actually LOL'd at the line where you mentioned the coach telling you to watch JOHN TERRY hahahahahah. John Terry is the last defender I would tell anyone to watch, He is over-rated/Heart on his sleeve English Thug that the Press were missing since the 70's/80's. His positioning if you watch enough games is apocryphal and a turning time of an oil tanker, he can and has been made look average by any fast skillful player. The only reason he has been any good is that the English game is very direct and he can match the physical strikers(which most teams below the top 4 have in abundance). The people you should have been watching were Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini, Mexes, Ayala on the continent and Ferdinand, Distin, Laursen, Carrahgher and even AT Chelsea it should have been Ricardo Carvalho who is the more important defender then Viva John Terry(look what happened last season when he was injured!).
*Sigh* What a player you could have been if only you were watching Ferdinand

On a side note though, my search for an actual pre-Billionare Sugar Daddy era Chelsea fan still goes on You are Class of 2004 as well

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-04-2009 at 01:42 PM   #93
hamnahx02

Liked: 16 Times

Hamnah Saqlain
Female
confused!
unique... crazy...nice
goal: hmm.... never stop smiling! and a whole bunch of other stuff--- become a pediatrician own a mclaren- something along those lines.
Old 07-04-2009 at 01:46 PM   #94
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
lollll hahahahahaha I actually LOL'd at the line where you mentioned the coach telling you to watch JOHN TERRY hahahahahah. John Terry is the last defender I would tell anyone to watch, He is over-rated/Heart on his sleeve English Thug that the Press were missing since the 70's/80's. His positioning if you watch enough games is apocryphal and a turning time of an oil tanker, he can and has been made look average by any fast skillful player. The only reason he has been any good is that the English game is very direct and he can match the physical strikers(which most teams below the top 4 have in abundance). The people you should have been watching were Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini, Mexes, Ayala on the continent and Ferdinand, Distin, Laursen, Carrahgher and even AT Chelsea it should have been Ricardo Carvalho who is the more important defender then Viva John Terry(look what happened last season when he was injured!).
*Sigh* What a player you could have been if only you were watching Ferdinand

On a side note though, my search for an actual pre-Billionare Sugar Daddy era Chelsea fan still goes on You are Class of 2004 as well
When people talk about John Terry, I always reminisce of his slip and miss in the CL final, and tell myself that is the sole reason I shouldn't wear Umbro cleats.

Also adding on the list of people to watch is Everton's own Joleon Lescott!
Old 07-04-2009 at 02:00 PM   #95
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
When people talk about John Terry, I always reminisce of his slip and miss in the CL final, and tell myself that is the sole reason I shouldn't wear Umbro cleats.
hahahahah YEAH! Viva John Terry!

Lescott isn't bad either, but for positioning I prefer Yobo

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-04-2009 at 02:26 PM   #96
killza

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamnahx02 View Post
Hamnah Saqlain
Female
confused!
unique... crazy...nice
goal: hmm.... never stop smiling! and a whole bunch of other stuff--- become a pediatrician own a mclaren- something along those lines.

why are you confused lol

On the other hand, this thread has become a soccer thread =P
Old 07-04-2009 at 02:39 PM   #97
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Which we already have one of.

Back to getting to know people instead of criticizing their sports team picks shall we...
Old 07-04-2009 at 02:58 PM   #98
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Mark Reeves
Male
Single
shy but awesome
Goal: to finally get the degree I should have got 10 years ago.
Old 07-04-2009 at 03:55 PM   #99
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I'm pretty sure that most people on this site are kind of shy IRL. *shifty-eyes*
Old 07-04-2009 at 04:05 PM   #100
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I'm pretty sure that most people on this site are kind of shy IRL. *shifty-eyes*
lol I know I am.
Old 07-04-2009 at 04:14 PM   #101
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
hahahahah YEAH! Viva John Terry!

I can watch that video over and over again and not get sick of it.
Old 07-04-2009 at 04:18 PM   #102
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I assumed so. I just need something for my 3 words
Old 07-04-2009 at 04:29 PM   #103
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times

^ Im not shy AT ALL , I actually am insanely outgoing lol I just think this forum is useful .

Nashwa K.
female
single
outgoing,funny(or so I've been told) , honest
Either to be the next Oprah or Steven Lewis or the first elected female Prime Minister ( it was previously to see MJ in concert but now he died R.I.P :( )

Last edited by Nosh : 07-04-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2009 at 04:34 PM   #104
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
...Either to be the next Oprah or Steven Lewis or the fisrt elected female Prime Minister ( it was previously to see MJ in concert but now he died R.I.P :( )
Sorry to crush your first female PM dreams, but Kim Campbell beat you to that by 16 years. However, you could be the first female, competent PM.
Old 07-04-2009 at 04:40 PM   #105
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Sorry to crush your first female PM dreams, but Kim Campbell beat you to that by 16 years. However, you could be the first female, competent PM.
Sorry to burst your bubble but she was actually correct in saying what she said. She said she wanted to be first ELECTED female PM. Kim Campbell wasn't elected.

Seeing as she wants to be a PM she is obviously interested an aware of politics. It's safe to assume she is aware of Kim Campbell.

Nosh says thanks to sew12 for this post.