How to submit doc note? Cassandraa87 Academics 9 02-03-2010 03:39 PM
100 Dollars Note zaidyusufani General Discussion 4 08-23-2008 11:30 AM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

How long is a doctor's note valid?

Old 03-10-2012 at 04:17 AM   #1
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

How long is a doctor's note valid?
So i'm really sick and I don't think i'll be able to do my midterm tomorrow. I'd MSAF it but its worth 30% (econ 1b03). I wanna go to a clinic but I really don't feel well enough to go off-campus and the wellness centre is closed until monday. (Also apparently some clinics are blacklisted cuz doctors provide notes for almost anyone apparently). If I go to the student wellness centre on monday, will I be able to get a note saying I was too sick for the midterm? And will it be accepted by the prof? Cuz the midterm would have taken place 2 days before I provide a note... :/
Please help, thanks
Old 03-10-2012 at 07:15 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

I would cab it to a clinic or proper doctor... if it were less than 30% id just wait till Monday, but that's a pretty borderline weighting. Alternatively, you can shamble to the midterm and make a scene! Tried emailing the prof yet?
Old 03-10-2012 at 09:48 AM   #3
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I would cab it to a clinic or proper doctor... if it were less than 30% id just wait till Monday, but that's a pretty borderline weighting. Alternatively, you can shamble to the midterm and make a scene! Tried emailing the prof yet?
lol has this worked before?
Old 03-10-2012 at 09:58 AM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

This is what you do; show up to the midterm, but before going in - down a bottle of ipecac. About 20 minutes in, you should throw up everywhere.

I can't imagine any TA/professor that would make you continue writing through that. Your midterm should be effectively discounted or deferred at that point.

RyanC likes this.
Old 03-10-2012 at 12:34 PM   #5
DMe3

Would it be stupid to wait till Monday and go to the campus clinic then?
Old 03-10-2012 at 05:13 PM   #6
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

The campus clinic doesn't do doctor's notes unless it's exam time, the closest place that does them is the Main West Walk-In Clinic.

DMe3 says thanks to Patrick.O for this post.

DMe3 likes this.
Old 03-10-2012 at 08:53 PM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
The campus clinic doesn't do doctor's notes unless it's exam time, the closest place that does them is the Main West Walk-In Clinic.
I got a doctor's note from campus health about 3 weeks ago.
Old 03-10-2012 at 11:43 PM   #8
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
This is what you do; show up to the midterm, but before going in - down a bottle of ipecac. About 20 minutes in, you should throw up everywhere.

I can't imagine any TA/professor that would make you continue writing through that. Your midterm should be effectively discounted or deferred at that point.
A bottle might be a bit much...
Old 03-11-2012 at 03:30 AM   #9
DMe3

Really? For a midterm?