MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long does it take to process an OSAP application? sarah2874 Financial Aid 1 08-02-2012 03:42 PM
FT / PT status for OSAP: by semester or by school year? keish Financial Aid 2 10-25-2010 09:29 AM
Osap:change in funding AnnaM Financial Aid 1 09-03-2010 10:07 PM
OSAP - department change viky Financial Aid 6 09-08-2009 11:51 PM
OSAP - Status Question Dominique General Discussion 3 07-28-2008 06:04 PM

How long will it take for OSAP to change what it says on status...?

Old 07-09-2012 at 04:24 PM   #1
gabbynelly

Liked: 1 Time

How long will it take for OSAP to change what it says on status...?
So I just sent in my MSFAA to Canada Postal Outlet and my signature pages to Mcmaster yesterday. Will it say anything on my OSAP application to notify me that they have recieved the pages? How long will it take (I'm from Toronto?) for them to get the documents?

I wasn't too late was I... I sent it before July 15th... did they mean it have to be recieved by July 15th or mailed out before?

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2012 at 04:32 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbynelly View Post
So I just sent in my MSFAA to Canada Postal Outlet and my signature pages to Mcmaster yesterday. Will it say anything on my OSAP application to notify me that they have recieved the pages? How long will it take (I'm from Toronto?) for them to get the documents?

I wasn't too late was I... I sent it before July 15th... did they mean it have to be recieved by July 15th or mailed out before?

Thanks.
You'll still receive OSAP if you are eligible for it regardless of if it was received before or after July 15th. It just won't appear on your payment agreement as a payment option. Instead it'll be deposited directly into the bank account you provided.

As for how long it will take; I sent mine on June 27th and it still under the things I have to do on my OSAP webpage. Considering they are receiving every MFSAA from every student applying for OSAP, it'll probably take some time for NSLSC to process them and update the website. Of course it depends on the number of employees they have working on it, but they probably don't have too many.

Your signature pages should be faster since they go to McMaster so they have to process less.

Mail usually takes around 3 business days though.

gabbynelly says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-09-2012 at 04:37 PM   #3
gabbynelly

Liked: 1 Time

It will be recieved before right? I want to pay using OSAP because I definitley can't afford the first payment without it...
Old 07-09-2012 at 05:19 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbynelly View Post
It will be recieved before right? I want to pay using OSAP because I definitley can't afford the first payment without it...
It normally would be received by Friday if it was mailed today. Whether or not it depends on processing of the forms is something else. You should contact financial aid to figure out if OSAP will be a payment option. They can also go over your options as to paying the school in case it won't be a payment option on your payment agreement.

They will probably recommend going with a payment plan (monthly, or whatever) and then when you receive your OSAP in your bank which should be by the end of September (Although I don't know how OSAP release will be like since it's the first year you don't have to line up) and you can pay off the rest before interest kicks in on Sept 30th (which would be 1.2% of the balance owed).
Old 07-09-2012 at 07:26 PM   #5
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

I'd email the financial aid office. That's what I did and they were able to let me know that my MSFAA was processed.
Old 07-09-2012 at 08:16 PM   #6
melodicdream

Liked: 10 Times

Really?? The McMaster financial aid office can tell you that??
Old 07-09-2012 at 08:18 PM   #7
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

Yes, they told me.