MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's wrong with my OSAP? GregoryVV Financial Aid 1 08-17-2010 01:04 AM
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG -timetable MIpolice First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-12-2010 10:33 AM
Wrong Address goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-30-2009 03:01 AM
Picked courses in SOLAR. Is that it? Boolean Academics 26 07-13-2009 01:28 PM
Am I doing something wrong here? kacey24 Academics 4 09-29-2007 10:09 PM

Looks like we all picked the wrong school...

Old 12-21-2010 at 07:37 PM   #16
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times

I didn't pick the wrong school.

arathbon, Iamanonymous like this.
Old 12-21-2010 at 08:00 PM   #17
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

I'm not usually a person akin to conspiracies, but seeing as how there were advertisements for universities in prior pages, the rankings could have simply been a result of who paid highest.

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 12-21-2010 at 08:18 PM   #18
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watoko View Post
Why does everyone IN MAC, think that Mac is a bad school? Sure Mac isn't the BEST, but in my opinion, Mac isn't the WORST either...
It's not bad here. Everyone I know from UoT absolutely hates UoT. I mean, it makes sense - working harder, drinking less, and getting kicked around by midterms/assignments/finals more makes people dislike their school more...

Doesn't Western's rank make sense now? Haha

Old 12-21-2010 at 08:26 PM   #19
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

its prob that high cause its the party school
Old 12-21-2010 at 08:35 PM   #20
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Looking at the results I'd say we did pretty damn well. I'd be proud. Probably not ideal to expect us to be at the very top, but for us to do well in so many categories, the general consensus has to be good.
Old 12-21-2010 at 08:36 PM   #21
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Western sucks. Apart from their business school everything else is garbage.
Old 12-21-2010 at 09:44 PM   #22
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

UWO is a party school, ratings are BS.
Old 12-21-2010 at 09:52 PM   #23
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
It's not bad here. Everyone I know from UoT absolutely hates UoT. I mean, it makes sense - working harder, drinking less, and getting kicked around by midterms/assignments/finals more makes people dislike their school more...

Doesn't Western's rank make sense now? Haha
Yeah. I know one guy at UT and he absolutely hates it too...
Old 12-22-2010 at 12:12 AM   #24
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I had no problems with course registration. ^_^

</gloat>
Old 12-22-2010 at 12:21 AM   #25
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

uhhhh.... Just to clarify, because I feel strongly about Mac, my first post was a sh!t tonne of sarcasm.

For those who missed the sarcasm and think I hate Mac, here's the translation:

UWO is a party school, has always been, will always be, and when they took the survey, they were drunk and having a great time... Their school was "the best" at that time, because they were passing, doing great, and so were all their friends, hence why they thought "their education was at a high level", they think "their profs are great", and everything they have is awesome.

Anyways, I hope my first post wasn't misunderstood by THAT many.

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 12-22-2010 at 07:48 AM   #26
justinsftw
Elite Member

I didn't mind course registration because I was awake at the time (2 a.m.) and multitasking (tapping refresh every few minutes while pwning n00bz). I'd give course registration a B+.
Old 12-22-2010 at 08:22 AM   #27
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Honestly these ratings don't mean a thing..of course everyone feels strongly about the school they go to. Ever heard of cognitive dissonance? You may think things are bad but then you also realize that you chose to come to a particular school so then to resolve your conflict in your mind you change the magnitude of how bad things really are. (I AM NOT SAYING MAC IS BAD). So ofcourse if you take a group of students from a particular school and and ask them questions about how great their school is, of course their ratings will be overinflated and mean absolutely nothing.

That being said, if things are really bad *ahemmmmm* SOLAR, then of course you just laugh at it....
Old 12-22-2010 at 08:31 AM   #28
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsci View Post
UWO is a party school, ratings are BS.
School pride aside. Have you guys ever been to Western? Its actually a great university besides the parties which are awesome and a billion times better than the ones here at Mac. Western unlike Mac actually cares for its students and listens rather than all the mess and chaos that we experience here.

If I'd had a choice to pick another university I would take UofT/Western any day over Mac. Macs not what it used to be... and I don't like the direction its going in.

tiger says thanks to Scuderia for this post.

tiger likes this.
Old 12-22-2010 at 08:44 AM   #29
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post

If I'd had a choice to pick another university I would take UofT/Western any day over Mac. Macs not what it used to be... and I don't like the direction its going in.
Too far bro, too far.

Maaannn, I thought this whole caring what school you go to or which is better is supposed to stop at start of 1st year. Yeah, Mac is certainly far from perfect but it's definitely not last on the list.

Iamanonymous says thanks to siefer1322 for this post.
Old 12-22-2010 at 08:56 AM   #30
justinsftw
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
School pride aside. Have you guys ever been to Western? Its actually a great university besides the parties which are awesome and a billion times better than the ones here at Mac. Western unlike Mac actually cares for its students and listens rather than all the mess and chaos that we experience here.

Who really cares about parties when talking about UNIVERSITY quality? You pay and work towards going to a university, not a party.

EDIT: I just realized that came off as me telling you that. That's not directed towards you, but people who do care.

Iamanonymous likes this.