MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's wrong with my OSAP? GregoryVV Financial Aid 1 08-17-2010 01:04 AM
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG -timetable MIpolice First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-12-2010 10:33 AM
Wrong Address goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-30-2009 03:01 AM
Picked courses in SOLAR. Is that it? Boolean Academics 26 07-13-2009 01:28 PM
Am I doing something wrong here? kacey24 Academics 4 09-29-2007 10:09 PM

Looks like we all picked the wrong school...

Old 12-22-2010 at 09:20 AM   #31
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I don't care about school rep, I just wanna learn stuff.
Old 12-22-2010 at 10:39 AM   #32
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
Given our last place ranking for Course Registration, you'd think the system would change... But NOOOOO....
Ahh, Just for you good sir I wrote up these two part blog posts about the future of MUGSI and Systems Renewal: http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com/srablog/

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Marlowe likes this.
Old 12-22-2010 at 10:52 AM   #33
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Bottom of the list for everything engineering? Didn't see that coming, not in the least. Nope. The results should be taken with a grain of salt, of course, but the fact that this dump is towards the bottom consistently? Shameful. Highly regret coming to this shithole.

Old 12-22-2010 at 10:58 AM   #34
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Why are people saying "bu bu Western is just a party school" They have just a good a school as McMaster does when it comes to the quality of education.

Rakim likes this.
Old 12-22-2010 at 12:15 PM   #35
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
School pride aside. Have you guys ever been to Western? Its actually a great university besides the parties which are awesome and a billion times better than the ones here at Mac. Western unlike Mac actually cares for its students and listens rather than all the mess and chaos that we experience here.

If I'd had a choice to pick another university I would take UofT/Western any day over Mac. Macs not what it used to be... and I don't like the direction its going in.
You think Mac doesn't care about its students...and, with this criterion in mind, you'd pick UoT instead?

Don't get me wrong, UoT is a great school - but when it comes to "caring about its students"...maybe you should ask some folks from UTSG. They'll probably mistake your question for a joke.

siefer1322, Watoko like this.
Old 12-22-2010 at 04:40 PM   #36
Iamanonymous

Liked: 20 Times

The reason why UWO is at the top of everything is because the majority of their students voted due to desperation to show the world that they are the best school in Canada (even though they really suck!!).

This is outrageous, I mean sure McMaster sucks when it comes to course registration but at least, In my opinion, we have more students who are not only smarter but also much more well rounded and down to earth than Western kids.

And for crying out loud, we discovered how to turn skin into blood. What has Western done so far for the betterment of humanity really? This Canadian University Report is turning into a joke as time goes by, thanks to UWO.
Old 12-22-2010 at 04:46 PM   #37
Iamanonymous

Liked: 20 Times

The reason why Western listens to their students is because they know that the parents of their rich students would kick their ass if they don't listent and attend to every need of their spoiled rich kid.
Old 12-22-2010 at 05:05 PM   #38
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamanonymous View Post
The reason why UWO is at the top of everything is because the majority of their students voted due to desperation to show the world that they are the best school in Canada (even though they really suck!!).

This is outrageous, I mean sure McMaster sucks when it comes to course registration but at least, In my opinion, we have more students who are not only smarter but also much more well rounded and down to earth than Western kids.

And for crying out loud, we discovered how to turn skin into blood. What has Western done so far for the betterment of humanity really? This Canadian University Report is turning into a joke as time goes by, thanks to UWO.
Please. Don't give us this whole "we" turned skin into blood. We didn't do anything. We're just students. Mick Bhatia and his team would have done the same research anywhere that had competent personnel and adequate technology, which is not only McMaster.

And the report is only taken seriously by people who don't know wtf is going on. You can't blame one goddamn school for it.

Maybe you're just upset Western rejected you ;]
Or you hate some of their students and thus hate the school.

If a university was terrible all-round, no one would go there. That includes Mac, U of T, UWO, and everything else.
*Assuming everything else, like marks, location, etc, were equal.

SciMania says thanks to Alchemist11 for this post.

britb, Mahratta, Needlenose like this.
Old 12-22-2010 at 05:05 PM   #39
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

I know I picked the wrong school because I've been waiting two weeks for a prof to tell me how she graded an assignment. I still don't know how I got the mark I did.
Old 12-23-2010 at 04:45 AM   #40
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

The butthurt in this thread is outstanding.
Old 12-23-2010 at 10:09 AM   #41
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I kind of like Western, the food is crappier than Mac's and the campus is super huge but I'm only really in 2-3 buildings.

I miss Motown nights. The people at Mac are a lot more laid back which is nice.

I love my program at UWO though.

Old 12-23-2010 at 12:50 PM   #42
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Two things universities care about :

Money and Prestige. (Prestige makes em get more money, more applications...)

Universities in Canada are private, they are not funded by the government. But they do have certain responsibilities.
Old 12-23-2010 at 01:05 PM   #43
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Two things universities care about :

Money and Prestige. (Prestige makes em get more money, more applications...)

Universities in Canada are private, they are not funded by the government. But they do have certain responsibilities.
Uhh...which universities are you talking about here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ties_in_Canada

The majority of universities in Canada - all of the "G-13" research universities including Mac, UoT, Western etc. are public, not private.

Old 12-23-2010 at 01:38 PM   #44
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

They are funded by the government. Why do you think we pay 6-8k for tuition rather than the 20-ish k that inernational students have to pay? That's because of the subsidies.
Old 12-23-2010 at 01:49 PM   #45
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

I made a mistake, not all of them are private, Mcmaster is government funded. But that doesn't mean they are 100% funded by government. They might be 1%, 20%.. I don't know how much they get, but when you need a shitload of donations for buidlings they you know they don't get much.

Last edited by Commander : 12-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.