MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 Minute Breaks? aleshia. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 07-30-2011 09:51 PM
How to be productive on the breaks you have between classes cjordan The Secret Files 39 10-06-2010 05:52 PM
Questions about breaks at work TMBGiants Volunteering Opportunities 9 06-09-2010 05:35 PM
Breaks & Holidays? Logic General Discussion 8 09-08-2008 05:51 AM
Are you allowed to leave campus during your breaks? Arnold General Discussion 2 09-04-2008 12:21 AM

Loooonnnnggg Breaks

Old 09-05-2012 at 09:23 PM  
Niccccckkkkk

Liked: 0 Times

Loooonnnnggg Breaks

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 09-05-2012 at 09:25 PM   #1
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccccckkkkk View Post
Because of some gay shit, and me not knowing how to do something until too late, i have a few huuuuge breaks in my schedule, no night classes but i have some early ones then 5 and 4 hour breaks on a couple of days. i also have a couple of 1 and 2 hour breaks. Anyways what is there to do to kill those 5 and 4 hour breaks?
i didn't know ones stool has a sexual preference.

Old 09-05-2012 at 09:25 PM   #2
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

^ Beat me too it...

Go to the library. Go chill around campus.
Old 09-05-2012 at 09:26 PM   #3
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Liked: 64 Times

-please delete-
Old 09-05-2012 at 09:28 PM   #4
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

1) I feel your pain dude, but your schedule is your own problem. This is university grew up.

2) You still got time, I think you have 2 weeks to change it, keep an eye on your schedule.

3) This might be student run forum, but admins here try to keep McMaster's image so they don't like homophobic comments (me personally doesnt care), keep it down a bit... go kick a puppy or something.

i didn't know ones stool has a sexual preference.

What, you've never heard of stool laying on top of another stool?

Ba-Dum Tssshhhh

Niccccckkkkk says thanks to AngryBean for this post.
Old 09-05-2012 at 09:34 PM   #5
Niccccckkkkk

Liked: 0 Times

I'll keep the last one in mind next time i post, thanks though.
Old 09-05-2012 at 10:04 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

They suck, but on midterm weeks you'll be grateful for them. The go-to response, of course, is to go 'chill with your friends', 'play on your computer', 'go see a movie', 'go explore hamilton', 'take a nap', or 'work out'.
Old 09-05-2012 at 10:10 PM   #7
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

If you commute that may not be the best, but you can get homework done between classes. If you live on or near campus then it shouldn't be a problem since you just walk home in between
Old 09-06-2012 at 09:57 AM  
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Grow up. I mean that in terms of both the language that you use and your attitude towards your schedule. It's not exactly what you wanted...nobody really cares. It's going to happen, learn to deal with it. Also learn to take responsibility. I understand that you were given a computer-generated schedule, but if you didn't know how to at least try to alter it, that's not anybody else's fault.

As for what there is to do on a long break...well, what do you normally do when you have spare time? Eat, socialize, do homework, etc. You also have time to make appts to see profs or TAs if necessary, fit in extracurriculars or work/volunteer.
If anything, many people prefer longer breaks because you have more time to do things. One-hour breaks are good for eating and taking care of random errands, though.
Old 09-07-2012 at 02:15 PM   #8
Chel

Liked: 1 Time

You can deal with it! More library time!
Old 09-07-2012 at 02:19 PM   #9
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

GAY SHIT? wow this is really stupid.

People like this disgust me.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

chrisA, VitaSoy like this.