MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost Student Card Keenu General Discussion 4 09-25-2010 07:24 PM
I LOST MY KEY, MAC ID, etc... sagar35 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-19-2010 05:53 PM
Any LOST fans out there? maclover Movies & Television 13 05-12-2010 08:06 PM
Lost student card jh890 Academics 13 02-25-2010 09:56 AM
Lost Student Card Sticker katie_batt General Discussion 10 09-03-2009 08:30 PM

Lost ID Card

Old 09-07-2008 at 03:21 AM   #1
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Lost ID Card
I lost my ID card and got a new one from the registrar. However, the validation sticker was not put on it, and they told me to come back Tuesday for it. As of now, there is "insufficient funds" on the card. Will this come back soon, or do i have to wait for when i get my validation sticker to eat?

Hungry...
Old 09-07-2008 at 06:38 AM   #2
Danish M

Liked: 0 Times

whao man thats not cool. wait, dont they scan your card and you can get to eat? or the sticker has to be there? awkward.
Old 09-07-2008 at 10:18 AM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

When you get your student card replaced the card has to be re-activated; you likely have insufficient funds because the balance wasn't transferred on to your new card.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-07-2008 at 10:25 AM   #4
Reno V

So, what do I do in order to get the balance transferred?
Old 09-07-2008 at 10:42 AM   #5
pattyking18

Your best bet is to go back and see those who replaced your card.
Old 09-07-2008 at 10:44 AM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

No.

You go to MacExpress, they're the ones that have that power to fix the issue.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-07-2008 at 10:46 AM   #7
Reno V

Where's MacExpress?
Old 09-07-2008 at 11:00 AM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Commons, rm 116 (I think). It's in the same hallway that goes out to Brandon and the bathrooms, across from the service desk.

Old 09-07-2008 at 11:06 AM   #9
pattyking18

You shouldn't assume where to go. What if the solution is fixable at the Registrar's end? Even if it is not, they failed to tell you what the next step in the process was, and you should rightfully hold them accountable. Unless you know for a fact that Mac Express does deal with these issues, you should get a proper answer from the people who administered your replacement. Waiting for hours in lines based on assumption tends to lead to frustration (when you find out you're there for the wrong reason), if not in this case then most certainly in others.
Old 09-07-2008 at 11:47 AM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Why would you wait in line for over half an hour (if not an hour or more...the lines there now are ridiculous) at the Office of the Registrar on Monday when someone HAS TOLD YOU THE CORRECT ANSWER? The Office of the Registrar has nothing to do with meal plans...

University isn't about hand-holding. It's about finding answers out for yourself. The onus is on you to figure out what to do; shifting the blame to other people or departments will get you nowhere.

Last edited by lorend : 09-07-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2008 at 11:48 AM   #11
Reno V

You were right Lorend, I needed to go to MacExpress. There was no line, and it took literally two seconds to fix the problem. Thanks!

You saved me about an hour's wait in line. I owe you lunch =D

Last edited by Reno V : 09-09-2008 at 11:53 AM.