MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost Wallet supernerd General Discussion 1 04-05-2010 02:40 PM
Lost Wallet goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-03-2010 08:00 AM
Jon Montgomery is the FREAKING MAN lawleypop General Discussion 8 02-22-2010 04:56 PM
I don't freaking believe this. smiles Residence & Housing 15 01-19-2010 08:46 PM
what's on your wallet... i mean IPOD. smashpro1123 General Discussion 39 07-09-2009 08:17 AM

Lost wallet...freaking out DDD:

Old 03-18-2010 at 12:38 PM   #1
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Lost wallet...freaking out DDD:
Hey guys...I lost my wallet in BSB in the first floor ladies' room at around 11 am. I went back around 11:20 and it wasn't there anymore.

It's a black accordion-style wallet w/a crocodile pattern and snap closure, similar to the one shown in the picture here. This wallet contains a few pieces of personal ID as well as money so if someone finds it, I'd REALLY appreciate it if they turn it in to campus security services D:

Thanks for your help guys...here's hoping I find it soon! T_T

{ don't stop the music }

Last edited by Moo!io : 03-18-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2010 at 12:52 PM   #2
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Hastings, get in here!

arathbon likes this.
Old 03-18-2010 at 01:17 PM   #3
Moo!io

lol I wish I just really hope nobody from the high school tours took it D:

{ don't stop the music }
Old 03-18-2010 at 01:33 PM   #4
Moo!io

Well, I found my wallet. But all my money's been cleaned out so whoever this was, I hope you enjoy your stolen cash.

Thanks for reinforcing the belief that people aren't to be trusted.

{ don't stop the music }
Old 03-18-2010 at 01:44 PM   #5
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

that really sucks :(

i remember i lost my wallet one time. had ALL of my ID in it minus SIN. never found it.
Old 03-18-2010 at 02:04 PM   #6
Moo!io

D: Ouch, sorry to hear that. You got a new SIN I hope...those things are awful to have in someone else's hands.

{ don't stop the music }
Old 03-18-2010 at 05:25 PM   #7
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

yeah, cash sucks to lose... but easy to deal with,
it's boarderline traumatizing to lose alllll your ID and social and everything, so much effort and money to get those things back
Old 03-18-2010 at 06:19 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

I'd rather lose like 200$ than student card, health, bank, and SIN card...
Old 03-18-2010 at 08:34 PM   #9
Moo!io

Sooo true. How much does it cost to replace a SIN/health card anyway??

{ don't stop the music }
Old 03-18-2010 at 08:45 PM   #10
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
that really sucks :(

i remember i lost my wallet one time. had ALL of my ID in it minus SIN. never found it.
I have never understood why people carry their SIN cards with them. The only time you should ever need it is opening a bank account or starting a new job. Not stuff where you need to carry it around all the time. It is your most important ID because it is your identity to the government and links everything together.
Old 03-18-2010 at 09:20 PM   #11
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I agree with Jeff - you're not supposed to carry around your SIN card.

I believe replacing a health card is free, as well as debit and credit cards. Our student card is $30 to replace. It's more of a pain to replace them then the actual cost.

:( How much money did you lose?
Old 03-18-2010 at 09:31 PM   #12
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I carry my SIN card in my wallet just because I am prone to losing important things if I don't have them somewhere I see everyday.

Old 03-18-2010 at 09:35 PM   #13
Moo!io

@ingénieur.xo: Same. Also, if you've got all your important ID on you, even if someone breaks into your house they won't be able to get their hands on that.

@Kathy2: Ah okay. Yeah, I was kinda lucky in that I don't have debit set up and my health card is about to expire anyway. Student cards are a pain to replace though due to the $30 fee >_>

Whoever the girl was, she stole $105 from me + all my change. Guess it's back to the bank for me this weekend T_T

{ don't stop the music }
Old 03-18-2010 at 10:19 PM   #14
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo!io View Post
@ingénieur.xo: Same. Also, if you've got all your important ID on you, even if someone breaks into your house they won't be able to get their hands on that.

@Kathy2: Ah okay. Yeah, I was kinda lucky in that I don't have debit set up and my health card is about to expire anyway. Student cards are a pain to replace though due to the $30 fee >_>

Whoever the girl was, she stole $105 from me + all my change. Guess it's back to the bank for me this weekend T_T

I didn't think it was that much money! That's so horrible. I could never take even 5 bucks from someones wallet, the guilt would be too much. If I ever lose my wallet the person will be disappointed if they find it and expect money, because the max have in mine( on a good day) is 10 bucks! How did you end up finding it?
Old 03-18-2010 at 10:29 PM   #15
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

I would suggest that you create a place to keep all of your important documents (SIN card, Birth Certificate, Will). You are going to have to do this later in life so you might as well start the practice early. Go out and buy a small safety deposit box to keep it all in and find a safe place to hide it. If you are worried about forgetting it tell your parents/partner.
I have much greater fears of losing my wallet or getting pick pocketed then some one breaking into my house. And even then, I think my laptop or camera will be stolen long before my SIN card.