MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac security caught me with alcohol!! amitoj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 11-01-2010 12:20 AM
New Law: 21 and under must have zero alcohol while driving Chad MacInsiders Announcements 37 08-04-2010 02:37 PM
alcohol during frosh week starlight First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 60 09-03-2009 08:37 PM
alcohol troubles !! macbaby07 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-01-2009 11:42 AM

Mac Alcohol Policy

Old 08-16-2011 at 03:41 PM   #1
iolajos

Liked: 0 Times

Mac Alcohol Policy
I know the policy states no glass beer bottles, but does that apply for like 40's of vodka etc? Also do CA's ever come in your room to check or should it be hidden/fine in the open of your room?
Old 08-16-2011 at 03:51 PM   #2
Johnny162

Liked: 16 Times

just how many "40's of vodka" do you plan to consume?? I think if they catch you with alcohol in any form of container, in or out of your room, and you are under 19, you will be written up no question. just be smart about it
Old 08-16-2011 at 03:55 PM   #3
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny162 View Post
just how many "40's of vodka" do you plan to consume?? I think if they catch you with alcohol in any form of container, in or out of your room, and you are under 19, you will be written up no question. just be smart about it
Is it actually that strict?! All my friends who just finished one year on rez say noone cares as long as you're not too loud. There's no way it's that strict.
Old 08-16-2011 at 03:58 PM   #4
Johnny162

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaroslav64 View Post
Is it actually that strict?! All my friends who just finished one year on rez say noone cares as long as you're not too loud. There's no way it's that strict.

Like i said, as long as your smart about it you should be ok, but if they catch you they WILL have to write you up. Keep things quiet and you should be fine. I remember when i lived in Hedden in first year the CA's were pretty cool, and you had to be PRETTY loud in the rooms to be told off, but i remember them catching quite a few people in the halls, some with alcohol, and some that were clearly drunk. Also they caught quite a few people in rooms if they had to come in due to a noise complaint
Old 08-16-2011 at 04:03 PM   #5
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny162 View Post
Like i said, as long as your smart about it you should be ok, but if they catch you they WILL have to write you up. Keep things quiet and you should be fine. I remember when i lived in Hedden in first year the CA's were pretty cool, and you had to be PRETTY loud in the rooms to be told off, but i remember them catching quite a few people in the halls, some with alcohol, and some that were clearly drunk. Also they caught quite a few people in rooms if they had to come in due to a noise complaint
That sounds more like what I expected. When I drink I dont usually get smashed (Last friday excluded LOL) so I dont plan on being an idiot or too rowdy. That said I DO plan on drinking and having a good time.
Old 08-16-2011 at 04:04 PM   #6
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

It usually depends on your CA. Technically, you're not supposed to have any open alcohol under the age of 19, this even applies to the whole campus (with the exception of 1280 and Phoenix). If your CA is chill, then they'll probably give you a warning the first time or two. But, if you're persistently loud, or drunk off your ass (as I was unfortunately), then they'll write you up. You'll get a major/minor infraction, plus a $75 fine if it's a major for drinking. If you accumulate enough infractions, then you could really jeopardize your academic career.
Old 08-16-2011 at 04:42 PM   #7
iolajos

Liked: 0 Times

my main question is if your timid and such and not loud will they ever come in your room for a search randomly?
Old 08-16-2011 at 04:47 PM   #8
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Note: I am clearly an outstanding model citizen and student, and I condone no behaviour not in line with university policy

Protip: Don't keep your liquor on your desk if you or anyone in your room is under 19. If you're being loud, CA's will come to your room to tell you to calm it down a bit. If they see alcohol and underagers in your room you are BUSTED (happened multiple times to people on my floor).

Protip #2: You will never get called out for what alcohol is in your room as long as you are not caught bringing it into your room/caught drinking it (ie glass beer bottles etc.)

Protip #3: If its a weekend, and you're in a large res, when CAs are doing their sweeps not on your floor, almost anything goes LOL. We had a slip 'n' slide with industrial sheets of plastic down an entire hallway. People were drinking beers out in the hall and having a grand old time.

Sometimes, I really miss res.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolajos View Post
my main question is if your timid and such and not loud will they ever come in your room for a search randomly?
No, they will never do that.

Last edited by Freak705 : 08-16-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2011 at 04:47 PM   #9
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

There are really only 1 alcohol related thing that is guaranteed to get you a major from any CA, that's vomiting (Mainly cause the CA is required to call the emergency first response team and they bring security with them, once all that happens a CA can't just look the other way and hope you learned your lesson).

Everything else really falls under the CAs discretion and really depends on the type of CA you have. With stricter CAs, they'll write you up for anything alcohol related if you're underage or really wasted. CAs that are a bit more chill will let you get away with things as long as you're not being rowdy/loud (ex. You could probably get away with having alcohol in your room/being caught drinking with friends, but if you decide to invite 30 underage people into your room and get drunk while blasting music, you'll probably get a major).

In all honesty, like 90% of the alcohol related majors on res are because people are wasted, vomiting, loud, and/or playing music. I don't think I ever gave out a drinking major that didn't fall into one of those categories.

BTW
To answer the orginal question, you can get away with bottles as long as it's not beer.
Old 08-16-2011 at 05:02 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Don't provide alcohol to minors and follow whatever policy you've signed when you rez up... law and commen sense...
Old 08-16-2011 at 05:13 PM   #11
Moghue

Liked: 17 Times

If your CAs follow the rules, and trust me there are some that do so don't think everyone is 'chill', you'll get written up immediately if they see you are drunk in the hallways/being too loud/drinking underage. It happened waaaaaaaaay too often last year, it's so annoying.
Old 08-16-2011 at 05:37 PM   #12
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buszaj View Post
It usually depends on your CA. Technically, you're not supposed to have any open alcohol under the age of 19, this even applies to the whole campus (with the exception of 1280 and Phoenix). If your CA is chill, then they'll probably give you a warning the first time or two. But, if you're persistently loud, or drunk off your ass (as I was unfortunately), then they'll write you up. You'll get a major/minor infraction, plus a $75 fine if it's a major for drinking. If you accumulate enough infractions, then you could really jeopardize your academic career.
Wait, what? :/
Old 08-16-2011 at 05:45 PM   #13
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabell View Post
Wait, what? :/
1280 is the undergrad bar, the Phoenix is the graduate pub. lol So obviously there is alcohol.
Old 08-16-2011 at 05:47 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
1280 is the undergrad bar, the Phoenix is the graduate pub. lol So obviously there is alcohol.
I think they were actually questioning the underage drinking in 1280 and the Phoenix...
Old 08-16-2011 at 07:14 PM   #15
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I think they were actually questioning the underage drinking in 1280 and the Phoenix...
Exactly this ^^^

I'm not new on the block, I know the bars