MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help selecting an Elective!!!! soody First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 08-26-2011 08:57 AM
selecting courses kirsten..! Academics 8 06-28-2010 09:58 PM
Help for selecting courses!!! tan_90 Academics 3 06-30-2009 07:38 AM
Professors... Nino First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-12-2008 12:01 AM
Different Professors **jewel 03** Academics 3 06-14-2008 10:50 PM

Mac elective course selecting and professors

Old 06-28-2012 at 01:27 AM   #1
Cinniexinr

Liked: 0 Times

Mac elective course selecting and professors
Hey, any recommends on easy elective courses? And recomment professors that are nice.Thnx=]
Old 08-14-2012 at 12:05 PM   #2
alexkour

Hi Cinnie! It really all depends on what you're interested in and what you like.

Definitely econ 1B03 and 1BB3 are easy courses, and the prof is nice too. Anthropology courses are also good courses and are fairly easy. I know womens studies, labour studies, peace studies, etc. are also very easy courses, but you might not do very well if you're not interested in it.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-15-2012 at 02:58 AM   #3
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Language courses are generally pretty easy, and so are the linguistics courses. However, I find that some people hate them because of disinterest in the material. Also, if you're interested in psych, neuroscience and behaviour, the intro psych courses are extremely interesting. I hold the opinion that courses you find interesting are also courses you end up finding easy. On that note, just look through the undergrad calendar, at a bunch of first year courses, and see what interests you.
Old 08-15-2012 at 11:08 AM   #4
guptas46

Liked: 9 Times

If you're not already aware, there's a site called rate my professors which has a fair number of reviews. take these with a grain of salt though, as a person who got perfect on a course will likely rate a professor higher than one who bombed it! - this does not necessarily reflect the prof's performance. but still it give you an idea!

as for courses there are reviews on this site that help a lot. generally it's recommended to pick something you're interested in.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...1.html?t=17111

this thread has been around since 2007 when people started asking what first year courses are easy! it's still active, so take a look through, out of 36 pages i'm sure you'll find something that works for you!

-s
Old 08-15-2012 at 11:35 AM   #5
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

Mohawk 1z03 !!!
Old 08-21-2012 at 12:35 PM   #6
bsarah

Liked: 2 Times

Communication Studies 1A03 was easy. There were assignments we had to do every other week due in our tutorials, but I did them all the night before and pulled off 80 at minimum. We had to do a vlog, article summary, photo essay, presentation, etc. It wasn't difficult at all. There was no midterm and the final exam was all multiple choice

xxorianna likes this.
Old 08-30-2012 at 11:40 PM   #7
catherine

I'd say if you've taken Grade 11 Advanced Functions, Math 1LS3 would be an easy elective to consider. Even if you haven't, both Lovric and Clements are great at being able to simply difficult concepts and are both really friendly overall.

There are 4 tests worth 15% each and a final exam worth 40%, which are all extremely straight forward. They even give you the option of making your final exam worth 90% and the tests 10% if you end up doing really well an the exam versus the tests.
Old 08-31-2012 at 07:59 AM   #8
taayholds

Liked: Liked 9 Times

Health Aging 1AA3 (Voros) and 1BB3 (Joshi)
Anthro 1A03 - cultural
Both first year Indigenous Studies courses

Voros- hilarious, crazy woman
The Indigenous courses are both very straight forward (Both don't have tutorials)
Old 08-31-2012 at 08:00 AM   #9
taayholds

Liked: Liked 9 Times

For both women's studies courses, for the exams you have memorize the titles, authors, and information about every single article you read all year. There was usually 3-5 articles each week. If you're good at memorizing, it wouldn't be so bad, but I know all my friends found it pretty stressful.