MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Actuarial Sciences jennisr Academics 0 09-09-2010 08:21 PM
Social Sciences KBrunson First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-31-2010 02:14 PM
Different sciences? SHWEDDIES Academics 17 08-19-2010 10:19 PM
Health Sciences vs. Arts and Sciences - advice anyone? ktc11 Academics 3 05-19-2010 08:47 PM

Mac Med Rad Sciences!

Old 06-25-2010 at 12:21 PM   #16
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Not to mention your career XD
Ah yes, who could forget that.

I'm currently updating the course reviews for the first year MedRad courses, so you could take a look at that, and it might just help you (or not).

And to spread my "wealth" of advice:
  • Make friends. It'll help a lot when it comes to group projects, group study, labs, clinical placements, etc.
  • Play hard, work harder.
  • Exercise. I cannot stress that enough. Along with eating right and getting enough sleep, you'll be sick less often. And if you do get sick, you won't be for long.
  • Get some extracirriculars so your studies become less mundane and tedious.

Last edited by _Luu_ : 06-25-2010 at 12:26 PM.

lorend likes this.
Old 06-25-2010 at 08:24 PM   #17
kbarber

Liked: 0 Times

thanks for the advice.
we register for our classes tomorrow (sat) at midnight right?
does anyone know if CMST 1A03 is a decent/easy elective? lol
Old 06-26-2010 at 11:33 AM   #18
Stephanie19

I am also a future student of MRS!
I am very excited. However, along with many others, I will know nobody. All the people that are attending Mac actually trump how many people live in my town! It will be a crazy transition, but I hope it will go well
Old 06-26-2010 at 11:37 AM   #19
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarber View Post
thanks for the advice.
we register for our classes tomorrow (sat) at midnight right?
does anyone know if CMST 1A03 is a decent/easy elective? lol
Check the course reviews. It should be on there.
Old 06-26-2010 at 04:26 PM   #20
kbarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Check the course reviews. It should be on there.

okay thank you
Old 06-27-2010 at 02:01 PM   #21
kcolley

Liked: 1 Time

Hey! Also a first year MEDRAD student. Any other second degree students like me?
Old 06-27-2010 at 03:44 PM   #22
dlee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolley View Post
Hey! Also a first year MEDRAD student. Any other second degree students like me?
I am not an exactly a second degree student but I was in a different faculty from a different university last year but decided to try out mac med rad! What was your first degree?
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:12 PM   #23
asimon9

I'm a future MedRad student too ! anybody have any advice on which electives to take?
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:31 PM   #24
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimon9 View Post
I'm a future MedRad student too ! anybody have any advice on which electives to take?
You could look at the course reviews on this site. Just remember that easy courses aren't always easy for everyone. Also, you could take whatever you're interested in.
Old 06-28-2010 at 01:17 PM   #25
kcolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee View Post
I am not an exactly a second degree student but I was in a different faculty from a different university last year but decided to try out mac med rad! What was your first degree?
Hey, I have a BSc Honours degree in Psychology from York. What were you taking and where?
Old 06-28-2010 at 04:49 PM   #26
dlee

That is pretty interesting, psychology sounds very facinating actually. So what made you go into Med Rad Sci?

As for myself, I was enrolled in Engineering last year at University of Calgary but decided to opt out of it. I took few Fine Art courses along the way and also upgraded HS biology, I think taking a step back academically was a good thing to do!
Old 06-28-2010 at 09:18 PM   #27
kcolley

That's really interesting, I'm sure taking some courses in engineering is going to prepare you for the program. I am assuming you were exempted from biology then?

I have always wanted to work in the medical field and after volunteering in mnay fields and researching even more I found that MEDRAD was a really good fit for me!

Psychology is very interesting, I don't know anything about McMaster's psych courses, but I definitely recommend taking psych as an elective.
Old 06-28-2010 at 09:50 PM   #28
dlee

Oops, I actually didn't take any engineering courses, I was accepted in Engineering but withdrew from it right away. Sorry if I confused you there. Instead I took some Fine Art courses which kept myself busy. I took High School Biology in the second semester so I'll still have to take the Biology course required for the first year. I hope it will be interesting!

I am assuming you were aiming for Med School before deciding upon Med Rad Sci? So which specialization interests you the most?

Last edited by dlee : 06-28-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2010 at 10:35 PM   #29
pinkpen

Hello! Another future medrad student here:} Im very excited for this fall!
Old 06-30-2010 at 12:51 AM   #30
dlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpen View Post
Hello! Another future medrad student here:} Im very excited for this fall!
Hello, welcome aboard! Ready to grind it out for the year?