MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Information about other universities barclayyy Academics 6 05-27-2013 09:22 PM
Best universities in Canada Alexmahone General Discussion 34 08-16-2012 10:21 PM
Commuting from Mac to other Universities mrhynold First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-30-2011 03:12 PM
Universities Too Asian? Lois General Discussion 71 11-14-2010 08:55 PM
Transportation between universities kourtney. Automotive & Transportation 4 09-19-2010 08:47 PM

Mac vs Other Universities

Old 03-01-2014 at 08:04 PM   #1
Vagz

Liked: 0 Times

Mac vs Other Universities
Hi,
I am graduating in 5 months ! My current average is between 88-89% . I have applied to the following universities for Life Sciences or similar programs.
1)Mac- Life Science
2)Western- BioMed (BMSc)
3)Queens- Science
4)U of t (STG) -Life Science
5)Ryerson-BioMed

My question is which university is better for Life science, with my ultimate aim being medical school? Basically , which uni will be a better start point for med school, in terms of -
which uni will let me get a hgher gpa?
are there any clubs to assist and support prospective med school students?
are the students too competitive or do they believe in team work?
how are the profs in general?
is the university fair?
are there any unique facilities ( in any field/ extra curricular etc) offered by the uni?

HELP ME DECIDE PLS!
Tell me all you know!

Thanks ,
Vagz
Old 03-01-2014 at 09:48 PM   #2
pinkprincess

Liked: 3 Times

No one can help you decide.
Even if a person has attended all those universities and programs, it wouldn't help because everyone would have had a different experience.

The material is going to be fairly similar everywhere. No university will help you get a higher gpa. The best thing to do is go to the school and program that you like the most. Which campus do you feel the most comfortable with? Which program has courses that you're most excited to study? You will get a high gpa if you enjoy what you're studying and where you're studying. I've done well in difficult courses simply because I've enjoyed them and didn't mind putting in the effort. I've done worse on relatively easy courses because I hated the material and didn't study for them.

For example: I personally found first year life sci pretty easy and did really well with minimal effort; but there are also people who found it difficult, flunked out, or transferred to different schools.

Do your research and see what stands out to you the most. Think about what you like and what's right for you.
Old 03-01-2014 at 10:11 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Honestly I believe everyone says "Go to whatever that will get u higher marks"
Old 03-01-2014 at 10:35 PM   #4
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagz View Post
Hi,
I am graduating in 5 months ! My current average is between 88-89% . I have applied to the following universities for Life Sciences or similar programs.
1)Mac- Life Science
2)Western- BioMed (BMSc)
3)Queens- Science
4)U of t (STG) -Life Science
5)Ryerson-BioMed

My question is which university is better for Life science, with my ultimate aim being medical school? Basically , which uni will be a better start point for med school, in terms of -
which uni will let me get a hgher gpa?
are there any clubs to assist and support prospective med school students?
are the students too competitive or do they believe in team work?
how are the profs in general?
is the university fair?
are there any unique facilities ( in any field/ extra curricular etc) offered by the uni?

HELP ME DECIDE PLS!
Tell me all you know!

Thanks ,
Vagz
Trust me, where you go is absolutely meaningless.
Go wherever you want and just ace it.