MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
MacInsiders Mentioned in McMaster Times (Volume 25, Number 1) lorend ARCHIVES 5 01-13-2010 10:53 AM
McMaster Golden Key News Goce Financial Aid 12 11-29-2009 12:49 AM
McMaster in the News lorend General Discussion 18 10-24-2009 02:42 PM
MacInsiders in the Daily News! Chad ARCHIVES 11 04-14-2009 04:47 PM

MacInsiders Founder in the McMaster Daily News

MacInsiders Founder and President in the McMaster Daily News

From Graduate Thanks Professor for Inspiration.

Many remarkable students receive diplomas today at the Faculty of Humanities convocation ceremonies. Among those inspiring graduans is Chad Fullerton, who will accept the President's Award of Excellence in Student Leadership and the Alumni Association's Albert Lager Award for Student Initiative.

Fullerton graduates from the Communications Studies & Multimedia Combined Honours Program with an impressive CV. In addition to being a member of the Dean's Honour List for three consecutive years, he is also a recipient of the Honour Award and University Senate Scholarship.

Fullerton believes the learning environment at McMaster was critical to his success

"All of my professors at McMaster have been incredible, but one who stands out is Philip Savage," said Fullerton of the communications studies professor. "He definitely inspired and motivated me to make the most of my talents. It's great to have professors who have been there in the industry you are passionate about, and push you to exceed your limitations and go above and beyond."

The communications program fostered Fullterton's creativity, and enabled him to take on many impressive projects such as an internship with the J-CORE Marketing, a full-service sales and marketing firm located in Hamilton. He also worked for the University Technology Services (UTS), was part of the MSU Campus Events Promotions Team and participated in many student-run conferences including Horizons and Canada's Next Top Ad Exec.

Among these accomplishments, Fullerton's greatest legacy remains the MacInsiders, an online student-run community that he founded, designed and maintains.

Fullerton believes that all of his experiences at McMaster have prepared him well for life after graduation.

"McMaster has been a wonderful experience," said Fullerton. "It has opened me up to new ways of thinking, equipped me with skills for the workplace, and helped me build a network of invaluable friendships through clubs and a vibrant campus life."

In the fall Fullerton will attend Centennial College's post-graduate program in advertising account management. He hopes to later work his way into the advertising industry and continue pursuing his passion for design
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great job Chad! We are all proud of you!
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 06-08-2009 at 01:29 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Alumni
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Congratulations Chad!
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 06-08-2009 at 01:32 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member
Program: Multimedia
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 473 Times
Yay Chad!

He was a great TA this past year for CMST 2A03.
Old 06-08-2009 at 05:10 PM   #4
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Year: Other
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
That's awesome...Congratulat ions Chad!

Old 06-08-2009 at 05:28 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member
Program: Cognitive Science of Language
Year: Fourth

Liked: 196 Times
Amazing, lots of congratulations Chad, you deserve it. :]
Old 06-08-2009 at 05:30 PM   #6
sinthusized
Elite Member
Program: Anthropology
Year: Other

Liked: 98 Times
Congrats !
Old 06-08-2009 at 09:37 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
Thanks so much for all your support everyone, I truly appreciate it!

Just to answer a question I've been getting, MacInsiders will continue to run and I'll still be maintaining the site, I'm not going anywhere! We have an exciting new team being put together to keep content fresh and bringing on board new moderators to continue building our active community. So far we've received fantastic applicants and you too can apply by reading the details in this post.

Thanks again!
Old 06-12-2009 at 05:20 AM   #8
Mowicz
Elite Member
Program: Mathematics & Statistics

Liked: 529 Times
Was about to post a congratulatory topic when I found this one.

Congrats man! Now you can sleep knowing you made a difference and made things happen (I envy that! (: ).

Here's what was written in the covocation booklet, since it has a different flavour from the posted note:

Chad Logan Fullerton

Chad Fullerton is the innovator behind Macinsiders.com, an online student organization devoted to connecting McMaster students and providing information, personal experiences, news, events, podcasts and discussion boards that foster leadership and increase student involvement. The organization has received the MSU Club of the Year Award and been featured in The Hamilton Spectator.

Fullerton also served as multi-media manager for the 30th McMaster World Congress, vice president of the Communication Studies and Multimedia Student Society, and as a facilitator and volunteer for both, the Creating Leadership Among Youth (CLAY) conference, and the Horizons Leadership conference. He was Athletics & Recreation divisional chair for the MSU Clubs Executive Council and a member of the Undergraduate Curriculum & Calendar Committee for the Faculty of Humanities.

An undergraduate teaching assistant in Communication Studies and Multimedia, Fullerton has earned numerous academic honours including the University (Senate) Scholarship and the Golden Key award.
Old 06-12-2009 at 08:15 AM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
Thanks Mike!
Old 06-12-2009 at 10:52 AM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Bahahaha now I know your middle name!

I may use it for personal use.

mwahahaha

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Nino, temara.brown all say thanks to lorend for this post.

Article Tools