MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MacConnect or MacSecure? Grover General Discussion 8 06-16-2011 08:11 PM
How much can you download with MacSecure or MacConnect wireless server? jtk89 Computers & Tech 2 04-05-2011 02:06 PM
MacConnect Wireless users encouraged to switch to MacSecure mdd1 Computers & Tech 6 02-23-2011 07:57 PM
MacSecure Help! Phaint General Discussion 2 02-10-2011 06:20 PM
Macsecure on Linux gregster Computers & Tech 14 09-25-2010 08:44 PM

MacSecure Problems Windows 8 [Solved]

Old 09-19-2013 at 11:47 AM   #1
GirishKelkar

Liked: 0 Times

MacSecure Problems Windows 8 [Solved]
Hey guys,

I cant seem to connect to MacSecure through windows 8. I haven't tried a windows 7 laptop but when I follow the steps for windows 7 it takes me into a login screen and I type my MacID and Password (as said in the steps) and then it just doesn't do anything and ask for the login again. When I try to connect again it lags and just says connecting, then it will disconnect.

Please let me know asap

Thank you,

Girish K.

Last edited by GirishKelkar : 09-19-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2013 at 12:12 PM   #2
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

I dont think this is a Windows 8 problem, as much as it is A McMaster Wifi problem. I was able to connect to both MacSecure and MacConnect last year on my Windows 8 laptop, but there were many times where neither would connect for me. At times when it would connect, it would take up to 5 minutes to load a page. McMaster has terrible campus wifi, and there are a huge amount of complaints about the connectivity. Best bet is to either find a room in MDCL, or the Mills library commons never had bad wifi when i went there! It became just about the only place I was able to study due to the rest of the campus being a dark spot for my comp connecting. Hope this helps!

GirishKelkar says thanks to BenDover for this post.
Old 09-19-2013 at 12:22 PM   #3
GirishKelkar

Liked: 0 Times

I managed to fix the problem. I guess with Windows 8 you dont need to manually add the network and stuff like that for windows 7 until after you have connected. All you have to do (For those having this problem) is click connect and enter your MAC ID and password and then after you connect you have to right click MacSecure and go on "view connection properties" and then follow the steps on this website and make sure to add both Thawte Premium Server CA and thawte Primary Roothttp://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/connectio...a_win7_wpa.htm

This worked for my windows 8 and MacSecure is working like a charm

Last edited by GirishKelkar : 09-19-2013 at 12:32 PM.