MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integrating McMaster E-mail onto Mac Mail 5.2 wynn.cam General Discussion 4 07-24-2012 12:21 PM
e-mail help? Jordan P Computers & Tech 1 10-31-2011 11:38 AM
How to cancel redirecting MUSS e-mail to other e-mail account? raine Computers & Tech 2 11-13-2010 10:23 AM
Mail LivLucy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-18-2010 11:04 AM
Mail tamzmullett General Discussion 4 06-30-2009 02:36 PM

Mail applications for Mac

Old 09-11-2013 at 07:32 PM   #1
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

Mail applications for Mac
What are some good mail applications for Mac? I have several emails that I need to check on a daily basis so I prefer to use a mail application so I can check them all at once.

I was using the Mail.app that comes with the Macbook Pro; however I realized that the emails don't sync with the server - that is, when I delete on my computer, they don't delete online.

I tried to use but Outlook Mail application but I'm having trouble adding my hotmail.ca (not .com) account and my club's email which still uses univmail.cis.mcmaster .ca.

I also tried to download mbox Mail app for Mac but for some reason it won't sync with my computer.

Does anybody know any other good mail applications for Mac (preferably free or relatively cheap?)
Old 09-11-2013 at 07:39 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Have you tried going to your Mac gmail>click gear>settings>and play with the settings there
Old 09-11-2013 at 07:44 PM   #3
Vessi
Tiny

Do you mean in the application or on the site?

It doesn't have the option for my hotmail.ca account. See here: http://grab.by/qcb2
Old 09-11-2013 at 09:08 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Oh soryr I thought you were referring to your mcmaster email. Do check that out tho
Old 09-11-2013 at 09:11 PM   #5
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Use GMAIL! It can be set to retrieve multiple accounts from different providers. All web interface means you can access it anywhere you can browse internet.
Old 09-11-2013 at 09:18 PM   #6
Vessi
Tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Oh soryr I thought you were referring to your mcmaster email. Do check that out tho
I did and I found out that all my other emails sync, just not my hotmail one. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvacadoLover View Post
Use GMAIL! It can be set to retrieve multiple accounts from different providers. All web interface means you can access it anywhere you can browse internet.
Are you talking about gmail.com?
Old 09-11-2013 at 09:21 PM   #7
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessi View Post
Are you talking about gmail.com?
YEP! Gmail can be set to receive any mails from any providers. Here is a instruction for Hotmail.

http://www.howtogeek.com/80104/how-t...ail-account-2/

You can use Gmail to send and reply as if you were using your hotmail, or McMaster email, or any email. It will be just a drop down box to select what address you want to send as.

Google + Apple = Heaven
Old 09-11-2013 at 09:25 PM   #8
Vessi
Tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvacadoLover View Post
YEP! Gmail can be set to receive any mails from any providers. Here is a instruction for Hotmail.

http://www.howtogeek.com/80104/how-t...ail-account-2/

You can use Gmail to send and reply as if you were using your hotmail, or McMaster email, or any email. It will be just a drop down box to select what address you want to send as.

Google + Apple = Heaven
Thank you! I'll look into it, though I really prefer to have an application that I can open on my computer (feels weird to use the browser after not using it for so long)