MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having Major Problems AdelaisAer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-29-2011 11:24 AM
Choosing My Major R.R.B First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-13-2011 08:29 PM
Major Help !!! ghostanime20 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-01-2009 02:13 PM
double major salad13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 12-28-2008 04:45 PM

Major Offense in Residence?

Old 09-02-2014 at 11:12 PM   #1
gallagherorla

Liked: 1 Time

Major Offense in Residence?
Hey!

So basically, this evening I scored a major offense for something which was honestly a complete mistake and a misunderstanding, but none the less I've been told there will most likely be a meeting with the residence manager and sanctions put in place.
Does anyone know what I can expect?
Kind of freaking out a little.
Old 09-03-2014 at 02:36 AM   #2
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

First day? Wow! It will depend on what type of offence you have done and there is no set formula as to how many majors or minors you will need to be kicked out of residence. One of my friend's floormate was relocated last year to a new residence due to several majors.
Old 09-03-2014 at 09:46 AM   #3
gallagherorla

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanandthera View Post
First day? Wow! It will depend on what type of offence you have done and there is no set formula as to how many majors or minors you will need to be kicked out of residence. One of my friend's floormate was relocated last year to a new residence due to several majors.
No, not first day.
Okay cool thanks.
The CA realised it was an honest mistake so at least wrote that down in the report, but still had to file a report unfortunately.
They said we wont get kicked out by any means but I just don't know what sanctions to expect.
Old 09-03-2014 at 12:01 PM   #4
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

I know from experience with my roommates first year, that drinking majors can get you stuck having to attend an hour (or two) long course similar to something like AA or alcohol abuse courses.
My one friend overslept a fire alarm once, and when he was caught he received a major and had to attend a fire safety course. The punishments are always hilarious for those not being punished looking in haha