MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSR Summer courses? kotton General Discussion 9 04-11-2013 06:44 PM
5 courses in the summer? dr4357 Academics 4 04-07-2013 02:58 PM
Summer Courses puja.m Academics 3 03-23-2013 12:05 PM
How many courses can one take in the summer? oli13 Academics 2 02-09-2011 11:55 AM
Summer Courses hishkabab Academics 7 01-11-2009 09:11 PM

How many courses can you take in the summer?

Old 11-21-2013 at 11:39 AM   #1
skgr

Liked: 1 Time

How many courses can you take in the summer?
Just wondering how many courses you are allowed to take in the summer?
How many courses can you take per term?
Old 11-21-2013 at 07:16 PM   #2
mac_5555

Liked: 3 Times

as far as i know, 2 per term 4 in total

Jesse.C likes this.
Old 11-21-2013 at 08:55 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

You can also overload but it's not recommended. For details click on any one of the "similar threads" at the top. This topic has been discussed a thousand times.
Old 11-24-2013 at 05:10 AM   #4
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

Overloading during summer is a recipe for failure. Even two courses per term can be very daunting. The material is very condensed. The material itself is the same as the regular course, just with faster pace. That includes assignments.
Old 11-24-2013 at 09:29 AM   #5
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alomar12 View Post
Overloading during summer is a recipe for failure. Even two courses per term can be very daunting. The material is very condensed. The material itself is the same as the regular course, just with faster pace. That includes assignments.
this is very true. i was taking 2 courses last summer (in the same term) and i was constantly doing assignments/tests/quizzes. don't overload! even if you're taking 2 make sure that one of them is easy (or easier than the other one) don't take 2 tough courses (like orgo and physics) together.
Old 11-24-2013 at 12:41 PM   #6
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Not always. I took three classes (2 third year, 1 second year) in the spring term and double-digited in them all, while working 20-25 hours a week. I agree about making sure they aren't assignment-intensive but in my department, most summer classes are primarily midterm+final based, where in the year they include assignments.
Old 11-24-2013 at 03:54 PM   #7
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
Not always. I took three classes (2 third year, 1 second year) in the spring term and double-digited in them all, while working 20-25 hours a week. I agree about making sure they aren't assignment-intensive but in my department, most summer classes are primarily midterm+final based, where in the year they include assignments.
Depends on the course/department I guess. My courses were all sciences, so they included everything from the fall/winter course, just condensed. A couple had one midterm instead of two, but it was worth more and covered more material. As far as assignments go, they had everything.