MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mary Keyes '09 Chad Mary Keyes Forum 18 05-11-2010 06:34 PM
Mary Koziol Is the New MSU President-Elect temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 117 03-08-2010 11:59 PM
Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy? Purgatory99 Presidentials 2010 46 02-19-2010 06:52 PM
Ask The Candidates - Mary Chad Presidentials 2010 0 02-01-2010 07:37 AM
Mary Keyes '08 Chad Mary Keyes Forum 23 08-13-2008 02:39 PM

Mary Koziol

Old 01-20-2010 at 12:36 AM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Mary Koziol
Mary Koziol

Welcome to the thread for this candidate. Information about the Candidate will appear here shortly. Feel free to discuss this candidate's campaign and/or ask the candidate questions. There are no guarantee your question(s) will be answered, but this thread is open to be used by the candidate to have open conversation with students and members of MacInsiders.

Be sure to follow MI Terms Of Service and Code Of Conduct rules at all times.

Threads deemed to be breaking these rules will be removed or moderated by MI Staff. If you find a post breaking our Conduct Code please report it by clicking the REPORT button within the post.

Last edited by temara.brown : 01-24-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-20-2010 at 11:04 AM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I was lucky enough to have been one of Mary's residence welcome week reps back in the good ol' days of 2006.

See look!:

(that's another ginger.. not me.. I took the photo)

Since then I have seen her organize an amazing Charity Ball and, to my utter disbelief, was able to make pirates classy! I could never figure it out how she could've done it but, along with her C.B. crew, she did it! Not to mention that they were able to raise thousands for charitable causes!

I also was luck to work with Mary again during, CLAY, which really gives you a chance to get to know the people you're working with. Mary and her team were amazing.

Through this, I found that Mary was definitely one of the most sincere and honest people I had the pleasure of working with. If she were to end up winning this, you could be absolutely sure that you'd have someone committed to working tirelessly in her role with the most genuine, sincere, and honest intentions. Having been involved in this "situation," I can assure you that that's fairly rare trait and one to be highly valued.

Much <3, Mary!

(PS I'm not on any campaign teams and made this recommendation purely as a thank you to Mary for not only her awesome work and general awesomeness).

Last edited by temara.brown : 01-21-2010 at 11:58 PM.

kingwam, lorend like this.
Old 01-20-2010 at 11:11 AM   #3
zeChinaman

Liked: 7 Times

...More Website

...More Twitter

...More Facebook Group
Old 01-20-2010 at 06:47 PM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet but I was excited to see the presidential race is no longer an all boys club.

Old 01-20-2010 at 07:12 PM   #5
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet but I was excited to see the presidential race is no longer an all boys club.
Well there was one last year as well! I think her name was Florence.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 01-20-2010
FireDragoonX
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-20-2010 at 10:17 PM   #6
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

aww, my post got deleted. It wasn't offensive or anything lol

there should be a new rule: only admins with an earlier join date than me can delete my posts. i.e. just Chad
Old 01-20-2010 at 10:36 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Please respect all moderators/staff. Discussion should be kept on-topic to campaign discussion and respectful.

temara.brown says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 01-20-2010 at 11:11 PM   #8
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Hey dudes,

I just wanted to post some stuff that needs to be explained about Mary's platform. The link is on her group.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...d=261021123251

Chad, huzaifa47, lorend all say thanks to deadpool for this post.
Old 01-21-2010
Ocho Cincho
Old 01-21-2010
~*Sara*~
Old 01-21-2010 at 10:20 AM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Ocho Cincho please stay within COC guidelines with respectful questions.

It would seem he would like to know Mary's plan towards MSU Finances.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 01-21-2010 at 11:40 PM   #10
mkozi

Liked: 102 Times

My Finance plans
Hi,

I'd be happy to answer this question, but feel my response might be more helpful if I had a better understanding of what aspect of finance it is that you are concerned about. Any clarification would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mary
www.imaginemoremary.c om
Old 01-22-2010 at 08:07 AM   #11
Ocho Cincho

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozi View Post
Hi,

I'd be happy to answer this question, but feel my response might be more helpful if I had a better understanding of what aspect of finance it is that you are concerned about. Any clarification would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mary
www.imaginemoremary.c om
Huh?

Where do I even start! It is clearly obvious that you haven't touched the issue at ALL not even with a footlong pole! Even in services you seem to be talking about adding Express lines at Union Market(Wth?). You apparently well "researched" platform has NO mention whatsoever of the financial instability and unsustainablity of the revenue generating services that the MSU is suffering from. In the past two years it has put up the largest deficits in MSU history, thinks are only getting worse and a friend told me that 1280 is already above $100,000 in loss for term 1.

Tell me, I heard the SRA has access to MSU YTD's and Budgets from atleast the past 3 years(I read that on a MacInsiders update by an SRA member); have you even tried to decipher them once?

If so what are your views on MSU's financial situation and how to rectify it? I wont grill you on specifics but let's just atleast start with a general thing.

What will you as a president do about all this? The MSU will only start functioning towards better sustainability if we have a president with a backbone who is half competent with accounting and numbers and can analyze the current situation well.

It appears from your platform that you have played it "safe" and done the whole let's make MSU awesome nonsense that most candidates for SRA and Presidentials often harp about.

This is clearly not something that I as a voter would want from my president.
You are aspiring to be the figurehead that drives this multi million dollar organization forward. Atleast I expect you to "research" what exactly is sucking a financial hole into the MSU

I look forward to your reply.
Old 01-23-2010 at 10:18 AM   #12
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

as a member of Mary's core team, I have heard many students comment on Mary's apparent lack of visibility prior to the campaign period, and state that Mary has not been as involved as other candidates.

I implore you to sit down and have a chat with Mary to discuss her involvement in both the MSU and McMaster community.

Mary has been quite active in her Arts and Science community, actively participating in SASS and being a liaison between the SRA and SASS. She was the Charity Ball chair last year. She has also been an avid member of the McMaster Outdoors Club. The list continues on.

Mary's vision for the MSU is not about complete overhaul - it's about continuity. Too often, ideas such as MacShare, are lost in transition. One of Mary's goals is to strengthen the communication lines of the MSU, which would ensure that projects started in one Presidential term are not swept under the rug. Mary has received a lot of feedback from students as to what they want to see from the MSU. More options. More networking. More communication. More services. All of these are attainable, and sustainable.

So why am I voting MARY KOZIOL on February 3/4. Because I imagine more from the MSU and my president. I imagine the MSU president to be an excellent orator, have conflict resolution skills, and most importantly, I imagine my MSU president to be somene I can relate to and can approach. I imagine Mary.

Last edited by lorend : 01-23-2010 at 10:21 AM.

kingwam, lorend, McIntyre like this.