MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I forfeit my Math 1A03 credit and take Math 1LS3? lovekblue First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-12-2013 09:25 PM
Math 1A03 or Math 1LS3? despairless Academics 7 07-02-2012 03:05 PM
Need help deciding math 1a03 or math 1ls3 omgwtfitsp Academics 1 09-11-2011 01:55 PM
Help needed fast: Math 1LS3 vs Math 1A03 luna Academics 3 09-15-2010 07:59 PM
Completed MATH 1LS3 but need to take MATH 1A03 too jachill Academics 3 04-22-2009 02:31 PM

Math 1LS3 or Math 1A03?

Old 06-11-2013 at 02:59 PM   #1
avid16

Liked: 0 Times

Math 1LS3 or Math 1A03?
Hello,

I am in the physical sciences program but plan to switch to health sciences next year or eventually end up in medicine. I was wondering what the best math would be to take because i don't want to close any doors incase i change my mind by taking math 1ls3. i want to know if it is considered equivalent to math 1a03? please help thanks!
Old 06-11-2013 at 06:21 PM   #2
kaytuh

Liked: 6 Times

Math 1A03 is geared towards students who are planning to take more upper year physical science courses(math, physics, or chemistry) while Math 1LS3 is Calculus for Life Science. The things you learned in Math 1LS3 are applicational to Life Science such as population dynamics, drug half life...etc.
If you're strong in Math, take Math 1A03. If you're not as strong, take Math 1LS3.

I took Math 1LS3 first year and my honest opinion is it's kind of a waste of tuition money lol. More than half the things we learned in that course was grade 12 Calculus/Advanced Functions review. There were definitely new things we learned but it seems like the only REALLY new thing was integration. As long as you're not like me who slacked off, it'll be a really easy mark.
Old 06-12-2013 at 02:57 PM   #3
Sacco

Liked: 0 Times

nice The message you have entered is too short