MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math 1M03 Sync 1st Year Course Reviews 14 10-23-2012 06:02 PM
Need a math tutor? Need help with Math 1M03 or 1K03? Im your guy :D ShahrukhKhan Academics 4 08-19-2010 08:31 AM
MATH 1A03 or MATH 1M03? THIS COMMIE NEEDS HELP! numaya Academics 5 07-28-2010 05:45 PM
MAth 1K03 and MAth 1M03 Skye First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2010 06:12 PM
Math 1M03 jindal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-04-2008 04:36 PM

Math 1m03 in the Summer

Old 02-21-2010 at 09:00 PM   #1
allya

Liked: 0 Times

Math 1m03 in the Summer
Hey guys.

I'm in commerce right now, doing 1mo3 and if you fail that course, you're kicked out of the program.

I'm struggling to keep my mark borderline at the moment. I'm thinking my best option would be to drop it and take it in the summer for a fresh start with a tutor.

With that said, would there be any penelties for me if I do this? I know I would have to pick my courses later but since upper years in the commerce program have picked majority of the courses, it really shouldnt be a problem.

I'm so blank at the moment.. I have no idea what to do and I really don't want to screw over my average or risk getting kicked out! I've heard that the profs usually distribute the grades differently if the class is doing poorly, but "if" isn't a guarantee so I'm a bit scared to tempt it.

Any advice would be great!
Old 02-21-2010 at 09:26 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by allya View Post
Hey guys.

I'm in commerce right now, doing 1mo3 and if you fail that course, you're kicked out of the program.

I'm struggling to keep my mark borderline at the moment. I'm thinking my best option would be to drop it and take it in the summer for a fresh start with a tutor.

With that said, would there be any penelties for me if I do this? I know I would have to pick my courses later but since upper years in the commerce program have picked majority of the courses, it really shouldnt be a problem.

I'm so blank at the moment.. I have no idea what to do and I really don't want to screw over my average or risk getting kicked out! I've heard that the profs usually distribute the grades differently if the class is doing poorly, but "if" isn't a guarantee so I'm a bit scared to tempt it.

Any advice would be great!
i think right now the only penalty is a monetary one. After march 5th, it will be a fail.
Old 02-21-2010 at 09:32 PM   #3
allya

Thanks so much! Do you know about readmission into the program (does dropping the course now hurt my chances to get back into the program after I complete it in the summer)?
Old 02-21-2010 at 09:38 PM   #4
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by allya View Post
Thanks so much! Do you know about readmission into the program (does dropping the course now hurt my chances to get back into the program after I complete it in the summer)?
it may depend on the amount of space in the program. if there is space, you could possibly be admitted if you meet the requirements after summer school

i don't think that it would hurt your chances.. or else it would make little sense to offer it in the summer. I'm not in business so maybe someone else can let you know or you can ask your academic advisor
Old 02-21-2010 at 09:40 PM   #5
allya

That makes so much sense! I didn't even look at it that way. I'll email my advisor and ask her as well. I'm still open to hear if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Thanks so much again for replying! You really helped a lot