MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matthews Hall 2010: Introduce yourself! amitoj Matthews Hall Forum 29 04-12-2012 04:15 PM
Matthews silent floor anthony Matthews Hall Forum 27 07-14-2010 06:26 PM
Residence - Matthews Kali Matthews Hall Forum 21 06-24-2010 10:00 PM
Matthews '08 Chad Matthews Hall Forum 12 08-08-2008 09:51 PM
Matthews Hall '07 lorend Matthews Hall Forum 25 09-02-2007 01:15 PM

Matthews Hall '09

Old 08-15-2009 at 09:55 AM   #16
jmjm

Liked: 0 Times

Does anyone know if the beds that have "bed extensions" still use the standard twin sized fitted sheets or do we need to get the "twin extra-long" size?
Old 08-15-2009 at 01:58 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjm View Post
Does anyone know if the beds that have "bed extensions" still use the standard twin sized fitted sheets or do we need to get the "twin extra-long" size?
Twin extra-long. But honestly, the mattress (if you can call them that) are so thin that a normal twin can probably fit on it XD. But yeah, twin-extra long just in case.
Old 09-01-2009 at 08:09 AM   #18
jmjm

Do the washers and dryers in Matthews take loonies as well as quarters? What about toonies....would they give change from a toonie?
Old 09-01-2009 at 09:13 AM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjm View Post
Do the washers and dryers in Matthews take loonies as well as quarters? What about toonies....would they give change from a toonie?
I think the washer and dryer were updated so you can use your card...

If not, then it accepts loonies and quarters only and exact change is required.
Old 09-01-2009 at 09:25 AM   #20
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I think the washer and dryer were updated so you can use your card...

If not, then it accepts loonies and quarters only and exact change is required.
The washer and dryer have not yet been updated.

As far as coinage, yes, the machines only accept loonies and quarters (Be sure to bring a few spares in case the machine doesn't like the one you try to put in - They're sometimes selective about what quarters they like.) However, you should be able to go to the Keyes Service Desk and ask for change there.

So never fear! You can still do laundry with a toonie - It just requires a minor detour
Old 09-01-2009 at 09:27 AM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimoxyel View Post
The washer and dryer have not yet been updated.

As far as coinage, yes, the machines only accept loonies and quarters (Be sure to bring a few spares in case the machine doesn't like the one you try to put in - They're sometimes selective about what quarters they like.) However, you should be able to go to the Keyes Service Desk and ask for change there.

So never fear! You can still do laundry with a toonie - It just requires a minor detour
Did they just not get to it or are they not going to be updating them this year?
Old 09-01-2009 at 09:38 AM   #22
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Did they just not get to it or are they not going to be updating them this year?
At this time I don't know what happened. I know that last year the IRC was told that it was going to be done, and I know that it hasn't been done yet. It may be that they'll all be installed in one big swoop this week, right before move-in, and it might be that a wrench fell into the works over the summer. Further updates will be provided as they are obtained.

By the way, is everyone as PUMPED for Welcome Week and Move-In as I am? It's gonna be totally awesome, straight through from move-in on Sunday to Bedracers on the following Sunday! (Worth staying on-campus for the weekend - Residences battle it out with wheeled beds in the fast-pace high-energy event of the week!!!) There's also Capture The Flag on Tuesday, IRC Karaoke on Wednesday, and sooooo much more! Make sure to get a LOT of sleep before you move in - You'll need it!!
Old 09-01-2009 at 11:17 AM   #23
hellonewyork

Liked: 27 Times

This seems to be the most inactive residence post!!!
So far I only know 2-3 people being in this res...
Old 09-03-2009 at 12:15 AM   #24
hamnahx02

Liked: 16 Times

im gunna have to agree with hellonewyork.
this thread is so dead. hopefully this isn't a reflection of the ppl in the res though :(

cant wait to meet everyone.
Old 09-03-2009 at 12:17 AM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamnahx02 View Post
im gunna have to agree with hellonewyork.
this thread is so dead. hopefully this isn't a reflection of the ppl in the res though :(

cant wait to meet everyone.
It could mean that they have found another way to communicate. Have you looked on Facebook?
Old 09-03-2009 at 09:00 AM   #26
MKelly

Yea. I've communicated with people in Matthews on facebook mostly.
This is the group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1147716 85930 =)
Old 09-04-2009 at 09:57 AM   #27
tortorf

Liked: 1 Time

Welll im PUMPED for welcome week !!! I just think i may have packed too much...
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:27 AM   #28
hamnahx02

Liked: 16 Times

oh... i cant wait for welcome week either!!! im actually so excited... and ahh.. we move in tmrw. and oh- im sure i packed wayy too much. but we can always send some back =P lol.
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:27 AM   #29
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortorf View Post
Welll im PUMPED for welcome week !!! I just think i may have packed too much...
I did that last year =P Wound up with a full drawer and partial closet of junk that I didn't need to bring with me. Don't worry, It takes a while to figure out how much junk you own that you don't actually need. This year the only things that I brought that weren't clothes, academics, or other actual necessities were my Firefly box set (more for sharing purposes than actually watching it), my bike and my CD player.