mckay room 347 MCHEDDENITE McKay Hall Forum 2 08-22-2010 02:13 AM
Calling all McKay Alumni deadpool McKay Hall Forum 11 03-01-2010 05:51 PM
McKay '08 Chad McKay Hall Forum 34 08-15-2008 07:11 PM
McKay Hall '07 lorend McKay Hall Forum 22 03-25-2008 04:38 AM

McKay Hall '09

Old 06-30-2009 at 03:36 PM   #16
JohH

Liked: 0 Times

Sweet! I got room 441. I'll see you all there in September.
Old 07-02-2009 at 08:00 AM   #17
sdiddy

Liked: 4 Times

That's good to hear! I'm in 350!
Old 07-02-2009 at 03:42 PM   #18
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

Bathroom?
what the bathroom situation is like in Mckay Hall?
Old 07-02-2009 at 03:58 PM   #19
mumbojumbo

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumara View Post
what the bathroom situation is like in Mckay Hall?
Hey guys! I lived in McKay last year and I can honestly say in terms of bathrooms (and everything else for that matter ) you guys are one of the luckiest people to have Mckay. The bathrooms are one of the biggest that I've seen at Mac. They are separate bathrooms, which contrast to Whidden, Brandon, and i think Edwards' shared bathrooms that I dread alot lol. I lived in Hedden and their bathrooms are not even as big as Mckay's. So i was acutally glad that I lived in Mckay because it's such an awesome residence.

In terms of the morning rush, there's no line-ups or anything like that because people have different schedules. Sometimes, i remembered waking up 6:30 am and the bathrooms were all used so I had to wait a bit but that rarely occurs maybe every full moon. So you guys shouldn't worry about bathrooms because they're kick-ass.

Every year Mckay tends to attract the party animals and every year it always claim its legacy as THE party rez. I hope it will continue this year
Old 07-02-2009 at 04:05 PM   #20
mumbojumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
Is McKay any good? I was hoping to get the quiet res, but I got McKay on the fifth floor. My parents are trying to decide if they will let me go, or make me live somewhere else (because of all the noise). I'm a very studious person, and I don't know how crazy it will be or hard it will be for me to study there, opposed to if I got a shitty apartment somewhere.

Thoughts?:cheerleader :
I have a friend that lived on the 5th floor and the rooms were ridiculously huge, possibly the biggest double rez rooms I've seen in my life. I lived in 2nd floor and I really thought MY room was the biggest because many people from Whidden, etc. said so...and then there's 5th floor rooms. I was actually mad at the rez people coz I had to pay the same amount of money for a double room thats signigicantly smaller than the 5th floorers. WOW. lol

Plus, there are the skylight roofs.

JohH, kumara all say thanks to mumbojumbo for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:57 AM   #21
shikha

Hey guys ,
I'm on the second floor, and I'm going to be your IRC hall rep along with one of your welcome week reps so I figured I'd introduce myself here! My name is Shikha Kapoor, and like I said you can find me on the second floor . I'll most probably see a lot of you guys around, so if you ever have a questions don't hesitate to ask !
Old 07-07-2009 at 12:02 AM   #22
ericplabrie

Hey Shikha,
I'm Eric and I'll be living on the second floor. Good times ahead!
Old 07-07-2009 at 03:03 PM   #23
deaner_123

Liked: 3 Times

Last year I lived in Mckay on second floor in room 209, and it was probably the best time of my life, without a doubt. I always found Mckay to be incredibly fun when it was time, and down to work when it was time. Like during exams, everyone would be studying hard, but as soon as we had a chance afterward, everyone would always party hard. The rooms were huge, CA's were great, bathrooms were great, wouldn't have wanted to live in any other residence. Oh yeah, my roommate and I really made our room our own, and that really made it that much better of a place to live......have fun this year!

ericplabrie says thanks to deaner_123 for this post.
Old 07-08-2009 at 09:52 AM   #24
sdiddy

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericplabrie View Post
Hey Shikha,
I'm Eric and I'll be living on the second floor. Good times ahead!
what's good...dan brown
Old 07-11-2009 at 04:55 PM   #25
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere but is there AC in McKay's dorms?
Old 07-11-2009 at 04:58 PM   #26
cee023

Liked: Liked 4 Times

apparently not.

Old 07-11-2009 at 05:14 PM   #27
mumbojumbo

Nope. But you don't need them. There are far more cold days than hot in the Fall/Winter session.
Old 07-11-2009 at 05:20 PM   #28
shikha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere but is there AC in McKay's dorms?
No there aren't :(! but they have windows ...and a fan and some fresh air works pretty well on most days!
Old 07-11-2009 at 09:26 PM   #29
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

Oh okay, thanks! And goooo third floor!
Old 07-11-2009 at 11:30 PM   #30
deaner_123

Liked: 3 Times

Here's a little video of my roommate and mine's room in Mckay from last year. We had a ton of crap in there......it felt a little more like a lively room than the typical res room... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_h4tevrEfI