MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hospital Volunteering... britb Volunteering Opportunities 11 07-25-2010 10:51 PM
Volunteering at Mac hospital t.dot Volunteering Opportunities 16 07-22-2010 09:16 PM
Please, please do not strike anywhere near the hospital Kathy2 General Discussion 6 11-01-2009 11:24 AM
OT- Question for hospital volunteers at Mac Hospital darklink121 General Discussion 5 10-12-2009 12:07 AM
Scare-wear Halloween Workshop Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-18-2007 09:27 AM

McMast Hospital Bomb Scare

Old 09-28-2010 at 11:34 AM   #1
lsmith

Liked: 0 Times

McMast Hospital Bomb Scare
I just heard that the hospital is locked down - code black due to a bomb scare. Has anyone else heard this too?
Old 09-28-2010 at 11:37 AM   #2
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Yeah; the Spec says that parts of the hpsital were locked down in code black; police are on the scene doing the initial investigations now... apparently people were allowed to leave agian not to long ago...but before that they had the bomb sniffing dogs in
Old 09-28-2010 at 11:55 AM   #3
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

omg seriously ? i live like literally on the same street as the hospital and didnt notice a thing :o so did they end up finding anything or was it all just a trick?
Old 09-28-2010 at 11:59 AM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I have CHCH on, they just interviewed the president of the hospital. They are finishing up the search now, and everything should be all clear in 5-10 mins, they didn't find anything unusual.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 09-28-2010 at 12:07 PM   #5
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

yeah I guess everything is good; I've heard some rumblings that it was a med student.. but who knows...
Old 09-28-2010 at 02:17 PM   #6
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

The hospital has been checked and the university has been checked. Everything is fine, thank goodness.
Old 09-28-2010 at 02:48 PM   #7
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
yeah I guess everything is good; I've heard some rumblings that it was a med student.. but who knows...
What time did this happen today? I didn't see any police cars walking into campus...
And this "med student" just did this for this for shits and giggles? Or did he thought he saw a bomb :/
BTW, "a salted" lolololololololololol ololol
Old 09-28-2010 at 03:04 PM   #8
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Here's a quick news report from the Spec. Read on:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...al-bomb-threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
What time did this happen today? I didn't see any police cars walking into campus...
And this "med student" just did this for this for shits and giggles? Or did he thought he saw a bomb :/
BTW, "a salted" lolololololololololol ololol
ahah I have a bumper sticker on facebook with a pic of a salt shaker and a pepper shaker. The salt shaker is a bandit and he's holding a knife. The caption reads "a salt with a deadly weapon." I don't know if the med student plled it as a prank of not. But its not funny if it was.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 09-28-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Deegs14 likes this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 03:29 PM   #9
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

jesus christ @ "a salted"

wow
Old 10-02-2010 at 03:58 PM   #10
renga

Liked: 0 Times

Good morning,
The Hamilton police caught up with me at 10 pm,28th of september at Pearson international airport just 45 minutes before my flight was about to leave to Chennai,India and enquired about the alleged bomb threat i made towards McMaster university .They were very professional,courteou s and were satisfied with my answers and let me proceed towards my destination.

I was accused of making the alleged bomb threat in course of a farewell speach to my senior fellow,in what is clearly a manipulation of post 9/11 security scenario to serve the end of back office politics.It not only resulted in waste of canadian tax dollars,but also resulted in untold stress to a lot of patients in McMaters.

I beleive this particular issue happened because i pointed out and documented the malfunction of the latest series of ventilators installed in the NICU and the need to properly investigate its functional aspects,as i feared this malfunction could potentially harm newborn babies and i fear this has already happened in a case.
Because i was considered a potential whistle blower,not only was i prematurely eliminated from my fellowship program in neonatology,but in addendum as a cruel joke,the alleged bomb threat almost stopped me from leaving to home to rejoin my family,as my senior fellow dr.Ghani and the program director fully knew i had only the airticket,and no money or credit card to susutain my stay in canada even beyond a day ,and they knew the exact flight i was taking twenty five days ahead,as early as sept 3rd,when i was let go from McMasters.
Am willing to talk about it all,especially how highly skilled medical labour is underpaid and overexploited in the guise of residency programs and fellowships,and how threats and coersions and promises are made regarding to our career to ensure the units function as closed entities and how my unit NICU is slowly organising itself to become one cohesive unit resistant to enquiries and investigations.You see,as public gets smart and lawyers are getting smarter,the clinical team is also evolving into a bloc entity,through better practices and documentation and also a closing in of the ranks,some of it healthy,some of it unhealthy,and am willing to talk.In short,we are slowly evolving into a health care sysytem that can become as translucent as the malfunctioning multinational banks .You see,eventhough i was in McMasters for only 63 days,ive worked in a similar world class institute based NICU for four years and could easily pick up the fine mistakes.

I also beleive that the issue can follow me back home and wreck my career here,so i want the truth to come out.Am not afraid,as i have nothing to loose,as my program director has already ensured i cannot reenter Canada as a physician,and had they succeeded,i couldnt enter Canada even as a tourist .
Dr.Rengaswamy,MBBS,MD ,
00-91-98408 39221 begin_of_the_skype_hi ghlighting 00-91-98408 39221 end_of_the_skype_high lighting .

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” George Bernard Shaw

Old 10-02-2010 at 04:25 PM   #11
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Cool story bro

Afzal, jamescw1234 like this.
Old 10-02-2010 at 04:42 PM   #12
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

So basically, a conspiracy theory. Cool.

Old 10-02-2010 at 05:14 PM   #13
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

It's a to-be paediatric hospital: how would bomb jokes ever be appropriate or even "jokes"?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-02-2010 at 07:47 PM   #14
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

wow that's interesting
Old 10-02-2010 at 07:50 PM   #15
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

shit just got real