MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking the HSR to the General Hospital hellohello General Discussion 8 09-26-2010 05:39 PM
External Supervisors at the hospital IbrahimH Volunteering Opportunities 1 08-15-2010 01:33 PM
Hospital Volunteering... britb Volunteering Opportunities 11 07-25-2010 10:51 PM
Volunteering at Mac hospital t.dot Volunteering Opportunities 16 07-22-2010 09:16 PM
OT- Question for hospital volunteers at Mac Hospital darklink121 General Discussion 5 10-12-2009 12:07 AM

Please, please do not strike anywhere near the hospital

Old 11-01-2009 at 10:24 AM   #1
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Please, please do not strike anywhere near the hospital
This isn't meant to become a big discussion or anything like that.

To all TAs and union members who plan on picketing: please PLEASE do not picket near the Main Street entrance or anywhere near the hospital. McMaster can't stop you from picketing the the sidewalk near the road, so please use your best judgement and only picket the Cootes Drive and Sterling Street entrances. Ambulances need to have the Main Street entrance as clear as possible. I sincerely hope I don't see anyone picketing anywhere near the hospital.

Thank you.
Old 11-01-2009 at 10:29 AM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quite frankly I'm sure its illegal to picket near and block hospitals enterances. Plus I'm sure they already said they won't be picketing anywhere that would block access to the hospital.
Old 11-01-2009 at 10:35 AM   #3
benjs

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Quite frankly I'm sure its illegal to picket near and block hospitals enterances. Plus I'm sure they already said they won't be picketing anywhere that would block access to the hospital.
I believe when the Tamils were protesting in Toronto earlier on this year, there was a situation where they were, in fact, blocking the ER to a hospital. It astonishes me when people show such a lack of judgment - no matter how valid the cause.
Old 11-01-2009 at 10:50 AM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I'm pretty sure that they said that they wouldn't be blocking the ambulance/hospital entrance
Old 11-01-2009 at 10:50 AM   #5
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjs View Post
I believe when the Tamils were protesting in Toronto earlier on this year, there was a situation where they were, in fact, blocking the ER to a hospital. It astonishes me when people show such a lack of judgment - no matter how valid the cause.
That does show extremely poor judgement.

No matter what anyone may think of CUPE though I have confidence that they aren't nearly stupid enough to set up their picket anywhere near the hospital.
Old 11-01-2009 at 11:20 AM   #6
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere (I've been bombarded with emails and articles yesterday and today :\) that we are not to picket anywhere near the Hospital, and that the local police were being contacted to help determine a legal strike zone...which means I think they're going to hit the Sterling entrance to Mac.
Old 11-01-2009 at 11:24 AM   #7
talues

Liked: 21 Times

Yeah, there isn't going to be any striking at the hospital entrance. That would be stupid, and I would be the first person in line to oppose the matter.

Regardless of how evil CUPE is portrayed as being on these forums, they are not "evil" enough to endanger lives by blocking the emergency routes.

0t10, Lois, sew12 like this.