MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't log into my mcmaster email? kuruczpa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-18-2010 02:01 PM
McMaster Email vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-30-2010 01:17 PM
McMaster Email Skittles Academics 2 06-27-2010 04:33 PM
mcmaster email help! noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 10-21-2009 02:07 AM
McMaster email Zorateus General Discussion 12 09-12-2009 12:40 PM

McMaster Email Use

Old 08-08-2009 at 04:46 PM   #46
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
When you go to set up the account, click "more settings"

On the "outgoing server" tab, make sure you have "my outgoing server requires authentication" checked, and have "use the same settings as my incoming server" selected.

Then, go to the "advanced" tab, make sure you have the following settings:

Port: 995
"This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)" - checked
Outgoing Server (SMTP) : 25
Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS

Hopefully that will allow it to work.

I never had problems setting up my McMaster email with Outlook 2007... it just set everything up automatically for me.
Yep, I did everything you posted, and the folders still aren't showing up. Is it because I have no emails in my Mac account?
Old 08-08-2009 at 07:03 PM   #47
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Yep, I did everything you posted, and the folders still aren't showing up. Is it because I have no emails in my Mac account?
The folders aren't showing up... is it giving you an error telling you that it cannot connect to the account?

When you connect your mac email to Outlook, it doesn't get it's own set of folders... (I know your hotmail or your .live account might, but this is different) all the emails go to your generic set of "Inbox, Junk email" etc.

Those are options that I'm certain you can change (I personally don't bother). So from what it sounds like, it's probably working. I'd say try sending yourself an email from a different account and see what happens.

_Luu_ says thanks to Taunton for this post.
Old 08-08-2009 at 07:12 PM   #48
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
The folders aren't showing up... is it giving you an error telling you that it cannot connect to the account?

When you connect your mac email to Outlook, it doesn't get it's own set of folders... (I know your hotmail or your .live account might, but this is different) all the emails go to your generic set of "Inbox, Junk email" etc.

Those are options that I'm certain you can change (I personally don't bother). So from what it sounds like, it's probably working. I'd say try sending yourself an email from a different account and see what happens.
I just sent myself an email from my Hotmail account to the Mac account, and the email landed in the "Personal Folders" section. Real strange, I thought it was going to be separate like my Hotmail and G-mail accounts, but at least it works.

Using Outlook now definitely makes emailing a lot more convenient. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2009 at 07:15 PM   #49
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

No problem!