MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Tomorrows Football game Yakattack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-05-2010 10:10 PM
Football Game niteskie General Discussion 34 09-10-2009 03:39 PM
Welcome Week Football Game Opener: McMaster vs Waterloo Chad MacInsiders Announcements 12 09-07-2009 07:49 AM
Marauder football home opener Sept 7th!! dabulls General Discussion 4 08-22-2009 09:44 PM
opening mac football game mike_2133 General Discussion 4 09-13-2007 09:44 PM

McMaster Football Game - Sept 26th 1PM - vs #7 Laurier

Old 09-25-2009 at 01:08 PM   #30
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
lol...I sure do. I'm not promising it's good, but I do. xD

(To be precise, I'm more into an artform called 'popping' which most people mistakenly call breakdancing, and is close enough to be practiced in the club...I'm not very agile, and hence not good at the really spinny, impressive moves. lol)

YOU CAN POP?

my whole world is a lie.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-25-2009 at 01:52 PM   #31
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
lol...I sure do. I'm not promising it's good, but I do. xD

(To be precise, I'm more into an artform called 'popping' which most people mistakenly call breakdancing, and is close enough to be practiced in the club...I'm not very agile, and hence not good at the really spinny, impressive moves. lol)
OH THAT'S WHO YOU ARE!

People mistake popping for breakdancing? They are pretty different.

Anyways, I saw you when you guys performed for the Bio Society the other day. XD

Old 09-25-2009 at 01:56 PM   #32
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

"The Gears" - Taken in front of the Life Sciences building during a Bio Society event (co-hosted by MBC)

to Jeremy: I was the one who did the Superman Worm (ie. 'armless worm') right at the very end. (:

Old 09-25-2009 at 02:49 PM   #33
samtheman89

Liked: 18 Times
remember not to be too loud when mac is huddling and before the snap for mac...cheer the result of the play loudly though!

Old 09-25-2009 at 04:27 PM   #34
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
. If the only way "your team" can win is by your crowd trying to distract the other team, then as I said before, I don't see the point.
Ever heard the term "The home crowd is the 12th Man on the pitch"?(Soccer Saying). What it essentially means is that a loud and strong home crowd can put psychological pressure(Noise and Visual Stimulus is one of the most effective Torture Techniques) on the opposing team. A fumble greeted with loud ironic cheers against the away team; Every Point by the Home team greeted with loud noises actually motivates the team to go further.

For example there are a few teams in the English Premier league who are horrible away from home and their home grounds are fortresses even for the Champions! Its still the same team with the same level of skill and tactic! The Home Crowd does matter and infact CAN provide the difference between victory and defeat. I don't understand why you think its pointless if a team relies on the crowd to win(even though I don't think it was ever implied that the home crowd is going to be the ONLY reason why Mac might win...its just an additional help)

Why else do they have Coxswain's shouting their heads off in rowing?

Its McMaster University Vs Another University. Not a random group of men vs a random group of men. We might not be on the team literally but it is still "us" who wins if we beat Laurier!

p.s: Just wondering Have you ever played team sports?

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-25-2009 at 04:35 PM   #35
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Ever heard the term "The home crowd is the 12th Man on the pitch"?(Soccer Saying). What it essentially means is that a loud and strong home crowd can put psychological pressure(Noise and Visual Stimulus is one of the most effective Torture Techniques) on the opposing team. A fumble greeted with loud ironic cheers against the away team; Every Point by the Home team greeted with loud noises actually motivates the team to go further.

For example there are a few teams in the English Premier league who are horrible away from home and their home grounds are fortresses even for the Champions! Its still the same team with the same level of skill and tactic! The Home Crowd does matter and infact CAN provide the difference between victory and defeat. I don't understand why you think its pointless if a team relies on the crowd to win(even though I don't think it was ever implied that the home crowd is going to be the ONLY reason why Mac might win...its just an additional help)

Why else do they have Coxswain's shouting their heads off in rowing?

Its McMaster University Vs Another University. Not a random group of men vs a random group of men. We might not be on the team literally but it is still "us" who wins if we beat Laurier!

p.s: Just wondering Have you ever played team sports?
Nope, I've never heard of that saying before. Thank you for that explanation. Note that I am not opposed to cheering. I am not arguing against cheering. What I'm arguing against is McMaster students (or anyone) trying to be as loud as possible while the other team is trying to strategize. If by trying to distract the other team during a crucial moment of strategizing is the only way they can win (and not by the team's own skill), then IN MY OPINION, I just don't see the point. That's what I'm arguing/debating, not the actual cheering. Trust me, I cheered too (and I'll admit it), at the only hockey game I've ever been to.

I played soccer and softball as a kid and lacrosse in HS. Someone can play sports and just not like them, you know. xD

I.e. say McMaster wins. Yippee, everyone cheers, me included.

Now let's assume that the only reason why McMaster won was because the crowd was able to "distract" the other team by being loud, and not because of sheer talent. In this situation, I, personally, do not see the point or "fun" of it. I watch sports to see talent, not a fluke win because of a crowd.

Last edited by lawleypop : 09-25-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Old 09-25-2009 at 04:46 PM   #36
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
who cares about cheering/not cheering...the tickets at compass are sold out and I need one!! :@

Old 09-26-2009 at 06:11 PM   #37
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times
Who won?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-26-2009 at 06:37 PM   #38
Stan

Liked: 10 Times
Laurier.

Old 09-26-2009 at 09:03 PM   #39
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
yeah... 30-14
Mac will get raped in the next one vs Western

Old 09-26-2009 at 10:13 PM   #40
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Aww, shoot :(. I wish I was there though. I hope we BEAT Western!

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 09-26-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Old 09-26-2009 at 10:27 PM   #41
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I hope we win Western!
You're cheering for Western?!?!?! How dare you!!! lol

We're going get destroyed by Western. Aren't they ranked 1st or 2nd?

Old 09-26-2009 at 10:30 PM   #42
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Trust me, I cheered too (and I'll admit it), at the only hockey game I've ever been to.
Just wondering, what hockey game did you go to?

Old 09-26-2009 at 10:45 PM   #43
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
Just wondering, what hockey game did you go to?
Oshawa Generals. My friend won box seats during Christmas time.

It was cool. There was a shoot out and everything.

Old 09-26-2009 at 11:29 PM   #44
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I hope we win Western!
Traitor...:p

...even though I think she meant "I hope we beat Western!"

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article: