MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster's Motto Shmowen Academics 19 08-20-2010 11:42 AM
McMaster's Colours cowpuppy General Discussion 17 12-01-2009 06:26 PM
McMaster's New President Is... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 10-16-2009 02:34 PM
McMaster's on STRIKEE!?!?! crys.eg General Discussion 73 07-28-2009 03:07 PM
McMaster's 12th Annual Sidewalk Sale Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-26-2007 04:04 PM

McMaster's 2nd Annual Fantasia Party

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:31 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

McMaster's 2nd Annual Fantasia Party
I don't know if anyone else has received this e-mail inviting you to join the facebook group so if you haven't, here's the description of the group!

"Vibrators, Erotic Oils, Massage Products, Books and More! Come find something special for Valentine's or for no reason at all other than to add a little spice to your life!

FREE @ 1280

-Demonstrations and Testing of Products
-Private Purchasing Area"

(Edit: Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2913757 68435)

Now, those who frequent MI would know that I have some pretty pro-promiscuity values/beliefs... but even THIS makes ME uncomfortable. It's just... strange.

I mean, demonstrations? Of what? Vibrators? Are you gonna show me how to use it or something?

Call me old fashioned, but I generally believe that what happens in the bedroom, stays in the bedroom... and I certainly wouldn't want any of my colleagues unearthing some of fantasies. O_O

What are your thoughts on this?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-26-2010 at 12:45 AM   #2
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

You have "pro-promiscuity values/beliefs"? Seems like this Fantasia party is catered towards people who are exactly like you.

Last edited by temara.brown : 01-26-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: CoC Violation
Old 01-26-2010 at 01:21 AM   #3
Knirps

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
You have "pro-promiscuity values/beliefs"? Seems like this Fantasia party is catered towards people who are exactly like you.
Wow dude that was just COMPLETELY unnecessary... Its like you are insecure, and decide to bash others because you are ashamed of it...
Old 01-26-2010 at 01:33 AM   #4
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
Wow dude that was just COMPLETELY unnecessary... Its like you are insecure, and decide to bash others because you are ashamed of it...
How am I insecure exactly? She said she was pro-promiscuity meaning approving of having casual sex with a large amount of men

Last edited by Chad : 01-26-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Edited for COC
Old 01-26-2010 at 01:38 AM   #5
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

I agree that that was definitely uncalled for.

slut
–noun 1. a dirty, slovenly woman. 2. an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute.
Just because she is cool with casual sex does not mean she is dirty, nor a prostitute or immoral.
Immoral, maybe, but on who's terms?

And yeah I find this "party" pretty strange too. Like what goes on? Is it just a club night where the usual drunken peeps grind up all on each other then centre stage there are people using *****s and stuff? I don't get it.
Old 01-26-2010 at 01:47 AM   #6
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
I agree that that was definitely uncalled for.

slut
–noun 1. a dirty, slovenly woman. 2. an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute.
Just because she is cool with casual sex does not mean she is dirty, nor a prostitute or immoral.
Immoral, maybe, but on who's terms?

And yeah I find this "party" pretty strange too. Like what goes on? Is it just a club night where the usual drunken peeps grind up all on each other then centre stage there are people using *****s and stuff? I don't get it.
From Merriam Webster:
slut
1 chiefly British : a slovenly woman
2 a : a promiscuous woman; especially : prostitute
A reputable dictionairy says a slut is a promiscuous woman, and the OP has admitted she is pro-promiscuity.
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:12 AM   #7
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
From Merriam Webster:
slut
1 chiefly British : a slovenly woman
2 a : a promiscuous woman; especially : prostitute
A reputable dictionairy says a slut is a promiscuous woman, and the OP has admitted she is pro-promiscuity.
Same dictionary:

Main Entry: pro·mis·cu·ous
Pronunciation: \prə-ˈmis-kyə-wəs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin promiscuus, from pro- forth + miscēre to mix — more at pro-, mix
Date: 1601
1 : composed of all sorts of persons or things
2 : not restricted to one class, sort, or person : indiscriminate <education…cheapene d through the promiscuous distribution of diplomas — Norman Cousins>
3 : not restricted to one sexual partner

So, as per the dictionary, anyone whos been with more than one person is a slut. I'm a slut, you're a slut, everyones a slut slut.

can we stop the name calling? I haven't been in grade school for almost 20 years, and don't plan on going back.
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:15 AM   #8
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Same dictionary:

Main Entry: pro·mis·cu·ous
Pronunciation: \prə-ˈmis-kyə-wəs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin promiscuus, from pro- forth + miscēre to mix — more at pro-, mix
Date: 1601
1 : composed of all sorts of persons or things
2 : not restricted to one class, sort, or person : indiscriminate <education…cheapene d through the promiscuous distribution of diplomas — Norman Cousins>
3 : not restricted to one sexual partner

So, as per the dictionary, anyone whos been with more than one person is a slut. I'm a slut, you're a slut, everyones a slut slut.

can we stop the name calling? I haven't been in grade school for almost 20 years, and don't plan on going back.
You posting that definition doesn't help anyone since what exactly do you think the OP means by being "pro-promiscuous"? She clearly doesn't mean just having sex with more than one person, she means she's in favor of being with many sexual partners.
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:26 AM   #9
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
You posting that definition doesn't help anyone since what exactly do you think the OP means by being "pro-promiscuous"? She clearly doesn't mean just having sex with more than one person, she means she's in favor of being with many sexual partners.
Me posting that was to further clarify the dictionary definition of slut, since someone felt it necessary to bring up. By the book, any girl that's been with more than one guy is one. And that would make me a he-slut/manwhore/other male term for slut.

I know what she means by it, as Im a friend of hers away from these forums, and we talk about shit, including stuff like this. I wont speak for her, but Im pretty sure she said that in reference to previous posts she's made, speaking about her stance on (commited) relationships in general.

Regardless of anyones stance on promiscuity, the thread is about something else. It was made about promiscuity by the first response.

lawleypop says thanks to reeves for this post.
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:55 AM   #10
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Lol u bitches better lighten up and enjoy the lovely thread provided by Cheri.

And yes, I'm all up for some dude showing me the benefits of the butt-buster, I wud lul hard.
In all seriousness I think Cheri should go.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 01-26-2010 at 08:12 AM   #11
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
Oh, ew, haha, that makes me even more uncomfortable. XDD
Nah, I think it's literally like, an information thing... Like maybe there are people who come from different companies to show you their products and demonstrate them and then you can purchase them there. Still though, I feel uncomfortable with a large group of people being around me when I'm buying a sex toy. O_O I keep that shit private, rofl.

@Souldier: A key part to that sentence was the beginning, where I said "Those who frequent MI." I wouldn't exactly call you a frequent MacInsider where you've read a large number of posts throughout time by different people, thus resulting in you learning their views. I urge you to read through my posts and maybe try and understand what I meant by that, that way you don't look like such a big tool next time.

Old 01-26-2010 at 10:25 AM   #12
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

If I could attend the Fantasia Party I would. And I definately would not classify myself as "promiscuous". I think the whole thing would be wildly entertaining. You know, go with your gal pals...giggle uncontrolably...maybe buy something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying this kinda stuff. And heck! What's wrong with buying something fun like massage oil for you and your special someone.

And no they won't be showing you how to use a vibrator...maybe how it turns on and off....maybe pass around items to see them...and in the case ofoils or w/e...smell them?

Could be fun? :o
:tree:

lawleypop likes this.
Old 01-26-2010 at 04:11 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylojl View Post
If I could attend the Fantasia Party I would. And I definately would not classify myself as "promiscuous". I think the whole thing would be wildly entertaining. You know, go with your gal pals...giggle uncontrolably...maybe buy something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying this kinda stuff. And heck! What's wrong with buying something fun like massage oil for you and your special someone.

And no they won't be showing you how to use a vibrator...maybe how it turns on and off....maybe pass around items to see them...and in the case ofoils or w/e...smell them?

Could be fun? :o
Yea, good points. I could imagine going for shits and giggles but I would still personally be too uncomfortable to buy a legit sex toy (like a vibrator, not just massage oil).

I just think that's so awkward, lol.

Old 01-26-2010 at 04:23 PM   #14
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Yea, good points. I could imagine going for shits and giggles but I would still personally be too uncomfortable to buy a legit sex toy (like a vibrator, not just massage oil).

I just think that's so awkward, lol.
Awkward is being in a sex shop, hearing your father explain to your mother who John Holmes was.

Long story, don't ask. Not nearly as bad as it sounds.
Old 01-26-2010 at 04:24 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Awkward is being in a sex shop, hearing your father explain to your mother who John Holmes was.

Long story, don't ask. Not nearly as bad as it sounds.
I think the awkward part about that is being in a sex shop with your parents. XD