MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster's Motto Shmowen Academics 19 08-20-2010 11:42 AM
McMaster's Colours cowpuppy General Discussion 17 12-01-2009 06:26 PM
McMaster's New President Is... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 10-16-2009 02:34 PM
McMaster's on STRIKEE!?!?! crys.eg General Discussion 73 07-28-2009 03:07 PM
McMaster's 12th Annual Sidewalk Sale Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-26-2007 04:04 PM

McMaster's 2nd Annual Fantasia Party

Old 01-26-2010 at 04:27 PM   #16
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I think the awkward part about that is being in a sex shop with your parents. XD
My point exactly!
Old 01-26-2010 at 04:27 PM   #17
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

I'm just wondering why sex toys = promiscuity.

I mean, a lot of them are designed to be used BY YOURSELF.

Come on, people. Time to be big boys and girls now.

taylojl likes this.
Old 01-26-2010 at 04:34 PM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
I'm just wondering why sex toys = promiscuity.

I mean, a lot of them are designed to be used BY YOURSELF.

Come on, people. Time to be big boys and girls now.
It doesn't, I was just trying to make it clear that out of all the people who shouldn't find this odd, it would be me. But I do find it odd. Which is why I said it.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-26-2010 at 04:46 PM   #19
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylojl View Post
If I could attend the Fantasia Party I would. And I definately would not classify myself as "promiscuous". I think the whole thing would be wildly entertaining. You know, go with your gal pals...giggle uncontrolably...maybe buy something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying this kinda stuff. And heck! What's wrong with buying something fun like massage oil for you and your special someone.

And no they won't be showing you how to use a vibrator...maybe how it turns on and off....maybe pass around items to see them...and in the case ofoils or w/e...smell them?

Could be fun? :o
I agree. And it's less awkward to buy this kind of stuff at here than it would be at Shopper's Drug Mart (yes, they sell oils and whatnot there). I think this could be fun and interesting!
I think it's great that Mac is open to this kind of event.
Old 01-26-2010 at 06:10 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Someone take pictures and post them here,

fun fun
Old 01-28-2010 at 09:18 PM   #21
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

These types of parties aren't really any different than candle or tupperware parties. They have a bunch of items sitting on a table, a person holds a couple of them up and tells you why you should buy them, if you're lucky they do some corny quiz where the winner and loser gets something free (if you're really lucky like me, you're normally the loser and get free stuff), and then the demonstrator hands out the catelogues and waits for you to buy stuff. The only real difference is that the buying part is normally done out in the open, but at Fantasia parties, they're done in some other room so no one has to worry about their friends hearing about what they bought (but it's also been my experience that people get so drunk at these parties, that they tell all their friends what they bought and why they bought it).

So really, it's not all that exciting, but good for some laughs! And you don't have to worry about your friends knowing what you bought because you could say you're only going to buy massage oils, but then turn around and buy something totally crazy and kinky and your friends wouldn't know unless you tell them.

At least that's been my experience with it...

taylojl says thanks to AlienSummer for this post.