MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meal Plan vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-07-2010 09:27 PM
meal plan p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 10-07-2009 09:45 PM
Meal Plan VoyozooT General Discussion 17 09-02-2009 09:57 PM
Meal Plan kimrose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-24-2008 12:49 PM
meal plan? sarahc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-18-2008 01:59 PM

Meal Plan Accounts?

Old 04-06-2010 at 04:01 PM   #1
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Meal Plan Accounts?
Hey,
I dont know which account money is used where and such... people give me such confusing replies that I dont get it.

There's Basic, which is on-campus only, and then Flex and Freedom... I COULD SWEAR TO GOD that I NEVER had anything on my Flex account, but I've been off-campus to Boston Pizza and stuff like 3 times...
So which account is for what? And what on-campus uses NOT the Basic account?

Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!
Old 04-06-2010 at 04:10 PM   #2
mac-gal

Liked: 6 Times

Freedom is what you use off-campus and it's taxed.

Flex is what you can add money into if you've ran out/run out on your basic. It's not taxed.

Basic is just for on-campus, I don't think you can add to it. When it's done you have to use your money from flex.

Hope that makes sense.

Deegs14, resh.jyoti all say thanks to mac-gal for this post.
Old 04-07-2010 at 06:11 AM   #3
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Also, a portion of your meal plan that you bought back in Spetember was put into your freedom account so that's what you've been using when going off campus. The amount put in depended on the size of your whole meal plan.

Old 04-08-2010 at 11:37 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Also, if you don't live on residence then you can't put money on your flex. It can only be added to your freedom account.