MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Medical Radiation Sciences aw07 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 82 10-24-2011 10:03 PM
Medical Radiation Sciences Schedule kanvi_v30 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-01-2011 10:31 AM
Medical Physics and Applied Radiation Sciences Ajay R Academics 6 03-27-2011 11:57 PM
Residence/Medical Radiation Sciences Linh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-20-2010 10:14 PM
Medical Radiation Sciences _Luu_ Academics 1 07-07-2009 10:14 PM

Medical Radiation Sciences level II GPA

Old 08-05-2011 at 09:36 PM   #1
strawbrryjam

Liked: 0 Times

Medical Radiation Sciences level II GPA
Hey guys, I switched into Med Rad Level I from Life Sciences Level I. So, I am worried about my GPA for the second year specializations for Med Rad, because they are all limited enrollment and I believe they want the cumulative average, not only the required ones (right?). Therefore, I would like to know the cut offs for the specializations. Thank you very much ;D
Old 08-05-2011 at 09:56 PM   #2
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

From my observations, 99% of people get what they want. So don't be too worried.

strawbrryjam says thanks to _Luu_ for this post.

strawbrryjam likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 10:06 PM   #3
Agni

Liked: 5 Times

The cut-off GPA is 5.0 and as Luu said most people do get their first choice.

strawbrryjam says thanks to Agni for this post.

strawbrryjam likes this.
Old 08-06-2011 at 12:07 AM   #4
Spencer

Liked: 3 Times

i concur with the statements above. Although I do know some who did not make it into therapy.

strawbrryjam says thanks to Spencer for this post.

strawbrryjam likes this.
Old 08-07-2011 at 03:32 PM   #5
septsweetie

How many people are in each of the specilizations {level 2} that you guys know off?

strawbrryjam says thanks to septsweetie for this post.
Old 08-07-2011 at 04:02 PM   #6
AnnaWM

Liked: 1 Time

I'm a transfer too, an I was wondering do they look at the sessional average or the cumulative average when it comes to determining who gets into what specialization?

strawbrryjam says thanks to AnnaWM for this post.

strawbrryjam likes this.
Old 08-07-2011 at 04:24 PM   #7
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWM View Post
I'm a transfer too, an I was wondering do they look at the sessional average or the cumulative average when it comes to determining who gets into what specialization?
I'm sure it's sessional.

strawbrryjam says thanks to _Luu_ for this post.

strawbrryjam likes this.
Old 08-13-2011 at 10:51 PM   #8
Jaclyn

Liked: 1 Time

from my experience, not everyone got their first choice of specialization. it really depends on the year and how many students into each specialization they're accepting. some people also got offered their first choice LATER on....(as in a week before the new semester began). not sure how that worked out but it did happen!

strawbrryjam says thanks to Jaclyn for this post.

strawbrryjam likes this.
Old 08-16-2011 at 08:20 PM   #9
septsweetie

When do we get to find out if we made it? I would really like to pick my classes real sooooooon :(
Old 08-16-2011 at 08:24 PM   #10
dsalvatore

Liked: 67 Times

Woah...you should've DEFINITELY found out by now. Check your Degree Audit (MUGSI-->Academics-->Degree Audit)...I'm pretty sure they came out in June!
Old 08-16-2011 at 08:33 PM   #11
septsweetie

No, if we didn't meet requirements by end of Apr, then we had to wait until Aug to see if we made it. I know mid-Aug, but exact date is unknown
Old 08-16-2011 at 08:38 PM   #12
dsalvatore

Liked: 67 Times

Hmm...I guess you could e-mail Nancy Brand although she's not great at responding to emails. You could also keep checking degree audit in the meantime? lol

septsweetie says thanks to dsalvatore for this post.