Opinions on french courses MTK3 Academics 5 06-24-2010 12:57 AM
Opinions about Psych 1XX3 gcruz91 Academics 5 12-29-2009 07:43 PM
Opinions on the strike oakster15 General Discussion 88 11-05-2009 11:51 AM

Medphys 1E03 Opinions/Reviews

Old 06-03-2010 at 04:52 PM   #1
Unknown111

Liked: 2 Times

Medphys 1E03 Opinions/Reviews
For those who have taken this course, care to share?

Thanks

pavilion says thanks to Unknown111 for this post.

pavilion likes this.
Old 06-13-2010 at 08:05 AM   #2
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

Bump =)
Old 06-13-2010 at 06:33 PM   #3
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

I was in this class for 3-4 lectures as I was planning on taking this to replace Chem 1AA3 but then decided that it would be best to endure the torture for another semester so as to keep my options open. The prof, Dr. Farquharson, is extremely nice and very friendly. The class was a bit dull though, but I think it's more interesting than a general physics courses. From what I gathered, you had 3 assignments (20% each) throughout the term where you just answered a list of questions based on information from the notes. There was only an exam (40%) -- no midterm test, and the exam was said to be in long answer format, regarding various techniques. Also, many people were concerned about the "math" in the course, however the prof stressed that there was little, if any mathematical calculations involved in the course -- equations are presented, but they only act to compliment the concepts. The one thing that concerned me though was the lack of resources, as there was no course textbook; however, it was recommended that you check out some books in Thode if you needed extra help with assignments.

I don't know anyone who took the course, but that's what I remember from the first couple weeks. It didn't seem like a very entertaining course, but it seemed like it wasn't too difficult and wouldn't require an overwhelming amount of effort either. Hopefully someone who completed the course can give a better reply, however the class was very small and the course was brand new, so individuals who took the course are far and few apart. I hope this helps somewhat!

pavilion says thanks to _Mike for this post.

pavilion, Unknown111 like this.