MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do minors work exactly? more otters First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-10-2013 01:55 PM
Declaring two minors raine Academics 1 01-15-2013 01:18 PM
minors in econ Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-16-2012 10:22 PM
Hard Minors? tyrant Academics 10 05-31-2011 11:43 AM
Minors Kevin Academics 4 05-14-2008 10:28 AM

minors

Old 06-21-2014 at 09:06 AM   #1
ana1205

Liked: 0 Times

minors
Hi i was wondering is it possible to do 2 minors when you are in honours life science? If the 2 minors are psychology and biology?
Old 06-21-2014 at 09:17 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Should be, if you plan properly.

Look up the requirements for both minors, and pay particular attention to the number of courses that must be elective to your degree. Also look at the requirements for honours life science and make sure you have room. Make sure you have prereqs for any courses you might need to take to fulfill your minors.

Also consider the biopsych program. It would mean a lot more than two minors.

ana1205 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 06-22-2014 at 06:57 PM   #3
ana1205

Liked: 0 Times

Hey ok so I did look it up but I noticed like science has only 33 electives.....but a minor is 24 units...
Old 06-22-2014 at 07:31 PM   #4
jvux

Liked: 1 Time

Then you should have enough space to complete both minors. If you take Bio/Psych courses in the Honours Life Sciences Course List it can count towards the minor as well.
Old 06-22-2014 at 08:43 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana1205 View Post
Hey ok so I did look it up but I noticed like science has only 33 electives.....but a minor is 24 units...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvux View Post
Then you should have enough space to complete both minors. If you take Bio/Psych courses in the Honours Life Sciences Course List it can count towards the minor as well.
Like I said before, pay particular attention to the number of units that must be elective to your degree.
I haven't done the math - part of it depends on what courses the OP has already taken - but it also depends on what courses have space in them. As a life science student, you're not guaranteed a seat in any of the courses on the course list (and it's the same if you're trying to complete a minor).