Missed Exam Help! levarun Academics 3 04-23-2010 12:36 PM
Missed my exam... MarkA Academics 28 04-21-2010 11:18 PM
i missed my exam! PLEASE HELP!!! rrtt Academics 2 04-24-2009 09:10 PM

Missed m;y exam!

Old 12-06-2012 at 02:47 PM   #16
hikorystix

Liked: 0 Times

I agree with Mark ^

To Jake: Don't panic! It's your first year and I'm sure professors know that mistakes like this happen all the time. In fact, I also missed an exam by accident... in my 3rd year! And it was a nightmare because I was trying to figure out how to get doctors notes and whatnot. At the end, I decided to email the professor and he directed me to the head of the math department. Thankfully, she let me write it the next day while they were marking the exams. So you never know, maybe your professor will be nice enough to do the same. Either way, I don't think the profs will try to fail you if they can help. Professors can do more for you than they let on. If anything, you may have to write it later in Feb, like other people have said. Hope it works out for you!

Mark Gich says thanks to hikorystix for this post.
Old 12-06-2012 at 02:55 PM   #17
nlobo

Liked: 5 Times

I agree with Mark. "Growing up" has nothing to do with it. He slept through his exam and i'm sure he feels horrible about it. He is even "dealing with it" by asking what to do next!
I know people who slept through an exam in first year and were able to get it deferred. I'm not saying that for sure this will happen to you but if you contact someone as soon as possible that would definitely help. Good Luck!!

Mark Gich says thanks to nlobo for this post.
Old 12-06-2012 at 03:40 PM   #18
Alert Moderator & Admin
Add negative rating8 / 1Add positive rank
The MI community has ranked down this post by AngryBean.
Click here to view it anyways.
Old 12-06-2012 at 03:43 PM   #19
Hejie023

Liked: 1 Time

LMAO, this is why I don't sleep the night of exams, I sleep 4-5 hours during the day so that this kind of stuff can never happen to me.
Old 12-06-2012 at 03:55 PM   #20
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

i think you should be able to defer it anyways even if you sleep in. i've heard many stories about it happening. just go to adviser asap
Old 12-06-2012 at 04:22 PM   #21
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
As much as I don't like to be as pessimistic as AngryBean, I have to agree.

I find that offensive bro. I just stated the fact. It's his fault, and there's nothing he can do about it. Nothing that will work for sure that is.

It's a painful truth, and I'm gonna get a lot of shit for stating it.

You are responsible for your own education people, start dealing with it. Time to grow up.
Um... a friend of mine slept through her exam in first year, woke up and ran to the exam... but she was around 30 minutes late. The invigilator told her to just defer it instead of starting it so late... it was an easy process and she could write it in Feb. Don't worry... people make mistakes. I doubt that they will give you a 0 for the course.
Old 12-06-2012
AngryBean
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-06-2012 at 04:32 PM   #22
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Um... a friend of mine slept through her exam in first year, woke up and ran to the exam... but she was around 30 minutes late. The invigilator told her to just defer it instead of starting it so late...

Yeah, and this guy missed everything. Different scenarios here and there buddy.
Well, it actually depends. The person was "around" 30mins late, but usually 30mins is the cutoff for allowing students to start writing.

So, if the student was less than 30min late (even 29 min), the invigilator should have let her write. Telling the student to defer instead when a deferral isn't guaranteed is really not something the invigilator should be doing.

If the student was more than 30min late, they aren't allowed to start writing, and at that point their only option is to try and defer. It really doesn't matter whether the student physically showed up for the exam or not.

LTHL says thanks to starfish for this post.

nlobo likes this.
Old 12-06-2012 at 04:43 PM   #23
mac_5555

Liked: 3 Times

okay i know people who missed their exams too and they just went and got the doctors note cuz honestly that is all that helps. There are even some in Hamilton try that and for ur concern about getting low marks is not that bad, i mean a weeks study should set u fine and a lower mark is better than afail anyday hope this helps
Old 12-06-2012 at 05:17 PM   #24
Mark Gich

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Sleeping over something is not part of being grown up, being responsible is.

He screwed up, he will pay for that, whether you like it or not. End of story.
so every adult that has overslept... hasn't grown up?

he's trying to be responsible by figuring out what to do next. if you're not providing help to a first year student during their first exam, stop talking.

nlobo, shelbs like this.
Old 12-06-2012 at 05:46 PM   #25
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

AngryBean is just like that. Everyone who feels upset with who he is in this thread. Feel free to report his posts and/or send Chad a PM. Otherwise, you'll all have to get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gich View Post
so every adult that has overslept... hasn't grown up?

he's trying to be responsible by figuring out what to do next. if you're not providing help to a first year student during their first exam, stop talking.
Old 12-06-2012 at 05:50 PM   #26
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

AngryBean is just like that. Everyone who feels upset with who he is in this thread. Feel free to report his posts and/or send Chad a PM. Otherwise, you'll all have to get over it.

I'm not breaking any rules really, I'm just being realistic. People don't like realistic opinions, they love when everything is bright and colorful with everyone jumping around and supporting each other no matter what. Oh well.
Old 12-06-2012 at 05:55 PM   #27
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:

I'm not breaking any rules really, I'm just being realistic. People don't like realistic opinions, they love when everything is bright and colorful with everyone jumping around and supporting each other no matter what. Oh well.
I never said you are breaking any rules, really. I was just stating what options people have who find your post(s) to be upsetting.
Old 12-06-2012 at 06:00 PM   #28
jupiter

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:

Did your mommy not love you enough as a child?

Marooner likes this.
Old 12-06-2012 at 06:01 PM   #29
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

I never said you are breaking any rules, really. I was just stating what options people have who find your post(s) to be upsetting.

Well, I find your posts upsetting. Wooptiedo, I don't care, it's just a forum.

If they find me upsetting, they can vote down my posts and don't see them. I'm just here to make funny comments once in a while, and occasionally state my opinion like I did in this thread. You just can't please everyone, and I'm not intending to.