Missed my exam... MarkA Academics 28 04-21-2010 11:18 PM
i missed my exam! PLEASE HELP!!! rrtt Academics 2 04-24-2009 09:10 PM

Missed My 1zb3 Final Exam!!!!!

Old 04-12-2011 at 09:37 PM   #1
HelloThere__

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Missed My 1zb3 Final Exam!!!!!
OMGOMGOMGOMG....

I woke up late this morning and slept through my exam! WHAT DO I DO? Does this mean I'll get a zero in the course? And if they can somehow defer the exam to a later date, will my acceptance into a second year program be jeapordized? (Will I still get into the program that I want, with whatever average I have not includeing math?)...OMG...I WANT TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE D:
Old 04-12-2011 at 09:40 PM   #2
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

Calm down, go see the Associate Dean's office tomorrow, they'll straighten it out. Hopefully the professor is a nice guy/gal and will understand (you might want to embroider it a bit), you should be able to defer it until the summer or reading week.
Old 04-12-2011 at 09:46 PM   #3
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Pretty much everyone is allowed to defer an exam without a good reason, is only once through your whole degree though.

It happened to me last term, and I was able to write it during reading week, no complications at all.

Edit: I just realized you're in engineering and I actually saved the link for your form because I gave it to a friend a while back.

http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/documents/deferred.pdf

just print this form, fill it in, and you should be fine.

Last edited by Eternal Fire : 04-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-12-2011 at 09:53 PM   #4
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloThere__ View Post
OMGOMGOMGOMG....

I woke up late this morning and slept through my exam! WHAT DO I DO? Does this mean I'll get a zero in the course? And if they can somehow defer the exam to a later date, will my acceptance into a second year program be jeapordized? (Will I still get into the program that I want, with whatever average I have not includeing math?)...OMG...I WANT TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE D:
email Dr. Childs and explain your situation, as well as going to the Associate Dean's office. Someone else had this problem on here (different exam) ill try and find a link. I hope you get it sorted out

Edit: Found the link
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...elp-41126.html

Last edited by GCSM : 04-12-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2011 at 10:54 PM   #5
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
OMGOMGOMGOMG....

You are screwed brother hahahah.

Kidding man, just do as these pople have said. Just defer the exam I believe you have till the end of the exam period (i.e. April 26th 2011) to submit the deferred exam form. The only downside is that you will have to write the exam at some point in the summer.
Old 04-13-2011 at 02:28 PM   #6
HelloThere__

Liked: Liked 2 Times

They told me to fill out a "student petition" form... before I can fill out the exam deferrel form...and wait for it to be approved. What if it doesn't get approved?! Has this happened to anyone else?

D: D: D:
Old 04-13-2011 at 03:19 PM   #7
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
They told me to fill out a "student petition" form... before I can fill out the exam deferrel form...and wait for it to be approved. What if it doesn't get approved?! Has this happened to anyone else?

D: D: D:
Don't worry about it. There's an 'unwritten rule' in place that everyone gets to miss one exam without a valid reason. You will get to write your exam. You just can't miss another one without a valid reason.
Old 04-13-2011 at 03:43 PM   #8
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Don't worry about it. There's an 'unwritten rule' in place that everyone gets to miss one exam without a valid reason. You will get to write your exam. You just can't miss another one without a valid reason.
Well you could but you just have to be "sick"
Old 04-13-2011 at 04:17 PM   #9
Chris98

Liked: 51 Times

thinly veiled brag about living near a bridge