MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Interactive Move-In Information! etoilex3 MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-20-2010 09:20 PM
Need Program Information Keile First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-16-2010 02:55 PM
Need more information about a mark savannah123 Academics 9 01-21-2010 05:56 PM
Information About TimeTable esaad91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-25-2009 12:40 PM
4th Years Information lorend Academics 0 11-10-2007 12:51 PM

Move-In Information

Old 08-18-2008 at 07:52 PM   #45
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Year: Alumni
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
If you can't make it during your move-in time you can come early. BUT, it is going to take awhile for your stuff to make it to your room. As previously mentioned, they do it by floor, and since it is quite likely no one else from your floor will be moving in you will likely need to wait until stuff from the other floors goes up first.

You will be moving in the same day as the rest of your building, so you are likely to get the size you want. Also, faculties order a larger number of shirts than the residences, so you're more likely to get the size you want too. However, if you wait until the Tuesday you're not likely to get what you want.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Cristina_n13 says thanks to lorend for this post.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-18-2008 at 09:50 PM   #46
__lexington
Program: Communication Studies
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 1 Time
Will the shuttle from the park lot, closer into campus be operating on Move-In day? I have a TV that I will be bringing and I'm unsure of the size / how may parents will carry it all that way.
Is it possible to unload anything fragile and have my minion...i mean sister... sit with my things in an out of the way spot while I get my keys?
Old 08-18-2008 at 10:21 PM   #47
woodlawngirl
Program: Kinesiology
Year: First
Residence: McKay

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
Yes, we can move it in without a box, just tape the cord to it so no one trips and make sure it's clearly labeled like the rest of your stuff with your name, room number and residence building!
thanks
Old 08-19-2008 at 11:19 AM   #48
sew12
Elite Member
Program: Multimedia
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 473 Times
I know this thread is about first year move-in but I have a quick question, or rather I thought I'd like confirmed/denied about upper year move in.

I've been told to come after 10 am on September 1st to move in. So do I just drive up and park near the residence and me and my family move my stuff in? I'm assuming that's how it works but I want to be sure so I do the right thing come Sept 1st.
Old 08-19-2008 at 12:59 PM   #49
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff
Program: English and Classics
Year: Third
Residence: Edwards

Liked: 23 Times
I'm assuming that you have arranged this date and time with housing and if that is the case then yes, you may drive up to the residence and unload your stuff. As soon as the unloading is done your parents need to park the car in a parking lot though otherwise you will get a ticket for parking in the wrong place. Also, pay attention to the signs as you cannot drive through the center of campus, there are roads leading up to all of the residence areas you just have to follow the signs that say it's okay to drive there.

Old 08-26-2008 at 03:09 PM   #50
sky_xox
Faculty: Business / Commerce
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
Can you bring duffel bags? or is it strictly boxes and suit cases?
Old 08-26-2008 at 03:12 PM   #51
Cippi
Program: Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1 Time
Duffel bags are fine, lots of people stuff them full of clothes and bedding and such. Just make sure you label it along with everything else!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search