MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confusion About Moving up a Level healthsci1 Academics 3 05-25-2010 10:41 PM
Question about moving up a level Levix Academics 2 05-17-2010 02:05 PM
Questions About Engineering: Course Failure and Moving to Level 2 leech3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 04-04-2009 12:22 PM
Question about moving level 2 engineer and course drop... hellrise First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-25-2009 02:11 PM
Moving In katie_batt Residence & Housing 4 07-27-2008 11:26 PM

Moving on to level 2 eng?

Old 12-23-2010 at 05:36 AM   #1
soody

Liked: 3 Times

Moving on to level 2 eng?
Alright... i know to stay in ENG your CA should be a 4.0.
But I have a FREE CHOICE, so does that mean i should basically pass everything atleast? ( 50% and above)
Old 12-23-2010 at 06:06 AM   #2
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Yes pretty much. But I believe the free choice does not apply to Management. So if you want to get into management you have to compete with everyone else still. But if you are interested in just straight up engineering, than yes, you just have to pass everything.

soody says thanks to jajas for this post.
Old 12-23-2010 at 06:45 AM   #3
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

You still have to get a 4 average for your free choice to apply. 4 is the average you need to stay in the faculty of engineering for the next 4-5 years depending on your program. But yes, as long as you keep above a 4 average (thats above a 60% average) you are pretty much set to go (except for biomed, management, and society streams, which free choice doesn't apply to).

Last edited by KAB:) : 12-23-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-23-2010 at 01:59 PM   #4
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

stay above the golden 4 and s'all good!

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 12-23-2010 at 06:03 PM   #5
soody

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
Yes pretty much. But I believe the free choice does not apply to Management. So if you want to get into management you have to compete with everyone else still. But if you are interested in just straight up engineering, than yes, you just have to pass everything.
One more question, after the year is done... is there a possibility of your marks increasing?
Do they make adjustments? :S
Im really paranoid right now because I didnt do as well as I thought I did in math :(
Old 12-23-2010 at 06:19 PM   #6
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Possible, yes.

Likely, no.